Taking shelter at the American embassy

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Taking shelter at the American embassy

Post by britscienceteacher »

My wife told me not to go to Wat Phnom playground today because the sky looked rather dark. I refused to listen so that I could swagger back in a bit later looking cool and shrugging off the point.

When we arrived the skies opened and we ran for it. As we passed the U.S. embassy we found an overhang on the guard house to keep dry under and wait out the rain. I told my son that we could shelter at the embassy. He didn't get it and I didn't explain the pun. The guard offered us a seat.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Taking shelter at the American embassy

Post by violet »

That was a nice respectful gesture of the guard.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

britscienceteacher wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:51 pm I told my son that we could shelter at the embassy. He didn't get it and I didn't explain the pun.
Yeah, good job you didn't try and explain as it's a pretty lame pun.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

britscienceteacher wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:51 pm My wife told me not to go to Wat Phnom playground today because the sky looked rather dark. I refused to listen so that I could swagger back in a bit later looking cool and shrugging off the point.

When we arrived the skies opened and we ran for it. As we passed the U.S. embassy we found an overhang on the guard house to keep dry under and wait out the rain. I told my son that we could shelter at the embassy. He didn't get it and I didn't explain the pun. The guard offered us a seat.
I'm surprised they let you do that. They seemed to have an issue with me one time because the tuk-tuk stopped on the side of the ride where the embassy is, rather than across the road.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Maybe the guard was just being diplomatic
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

that genius wrote:Maybe the guard was just being diplomatic
There's always that one guy!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 pm
britscienceteacher wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:51 pm My wife told me not to go to Wat Phnom playground today because the sky looked rather dark. I refused to listen so that I could swagger back in a bit later looking cool and shrugging off the point.

I'm surprised they let you do that. They seemed to have an issue with me one time because the tuk-tuk stopped on the side of the ride where the embassy is, rather than across the road.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Pretty sure GM met Bin Laden in Saudi, LOL
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

It's better not to argue with some people or try to explain...

Post by britscienceteacher »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 pm I'm surprised they let you do that. They seemed to have an issue with me one time because the tuk-tuk stopped on the side of the ride where the embassy is, rather than across the road.
I was surprised that they let me do that too considering that I got kicked out of a toilet the other day when it was raining. They didn't open the door and pull me out mind, I was just sheltering by the exit to the building and they said that I should go home (I'm assuming that they meant where I was staying - not England - it would be raining there anyway).

I didn't argue with the toilet attendant. These people make the world go round (and must have some responsibility for the building on their watch too), and of course they have all day - I just left. and waited outside until the rain stopped so we could go back to the playground.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: It's better not to argue with some people or try to explain...

Post by Duncan »

britscienceteacher wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:53 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 pm I'm surprised they let you do that. They seemed to have an issue with me one time because the tuk-tuk stopped on the side of the ride where the embassy is, rather than across the road.
I was surprised that they let me do that too considering that I got kicked out of a toilet the other day when it was raining. They didn't open the door and pull me out mind, I was just sheltering by the exit to the building and they said that I should go home (I'm assuming that they meant where I was staying - not England - it would be raining there anyway).

I didn't argue with the toilet attendant. These people make the world go round (and must have some responsibility for the building on their watch too), and of course they have all day - I just left. and waited outside until the rain stopped so we could go back to the playground.

I'm pretty sure if you looked just a little bit like a Pakistani he would have meant go home to England.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic