looking for job in bar,club or any hostel/hotel

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: looking for job in bar,club or any hostel/hotel

Post by that genius »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:12 pm
that genius wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:59 pm I wonder at what stage Cambodians will start getting really pissed off at foreign people taking basic jobs they can do.
what a stupid comment, you could say that about any foreigner going to any another country to work
Really? How many bartenders have qualifications and/or skills Khmers do not?

Tell me what peculiar skill this guy has.

Doh.

Most countries have regulations concerning foreigners coming in to do work locals can do...including the UK. Are they also 'stupid'?
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
that genius wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:59 pm I wonder at what stage Cambodians will start getting really pissed off at foreign people taking basic jobs they can do.
what a stupid comment, you could say that about any foreigner going to any another country to work
No.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Witness the Aussie selling oranges on the street
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

that genius wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:21 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:12 pm
Really? How many bartenders have qualifications and/or skills Khmers do not?

Tell me what peculiar skill this guy has.

Doh.

Most countries have regulations concerning foreigners coming in to do work locals can do...including the UK. Are they also 'stupid'?
this guy? its a girl for starters, how many khmers have skills to be bartenders? your point is mute, foreigners can come to the UK and become bartenders
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:32 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
No.

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
serrena
Tourist
Indonesia

Post by serrena »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm Do you have a valid EB Visa Extension of Stay & Work Permit?
yes i do have both :D :D :D :D
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

I don't get this argument. it's not as if most people are coming to the country and are willing to take a lower wage, thus stealing jobs.

If they are willing to pay the OP more it must mean they believe she is worth more. If not she will not get a job.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

cautious colin wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:02 pm
I don't get this argument. it's not as if most people are coming to the country and are willing to take a lower wage, thus stealing jobs.

If they are willing to pay the OP more it must mean they believe she is worth more. If not she will not get a job.
agree, no westerner or even Burmese or Thai is going to go to Camboida and compete with the locals for jobs.
EXCEPT maybe for the Chinese.....LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Most countries demand proof of qualifications and a work permit for foreigners to work. Ever wondered why? It's to protect jobs in the host nation.

Honestly, what chance do you think this guyess has of getting a work permit, given the added filter of a quota factor?

I would be surprised.

They may not go with the intention of competing for jobs..but ask yourself this: if they were not in the equation, who would fill the vacancy?
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:32 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
No.

The Saudies for example.
Clap and learn grasshopper.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic