Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 19652
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 640
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Siem Reap, Cambodia News: A 37-year-old man died of a snakebite, after he was bitten in the foot by a snake when he went down to check his fish traps in Prasat village, Prey Pok commune, Siem Reap.
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Image
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
sklmeera
Expatriate
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:16 pm
Reputation: -6
Bhutan

Re: Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by sklmeera » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:37 pm

Thats a Russells Viper . One of the most venomous snakes in the world . You dont last long after one of them bites you .
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4117
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 724
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by hanno » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:34 am

sklmeera wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:37 pm
Thats a Russells Viper . One of the most venomous snakes in the world . You dont last long after one of them bites you .
That is a little exaggerated, with treatment most bite victims do actually survive.
User avatar
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:34 am
Reputation: 77
Great Britain

Re: Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by JUDGEDREDD » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:49 am

Heard there was a 6ft bastard crawling about KRS that the natives had a delightful time catching and consuming. Also saw some poisonyboi crossing a bridge, guy I know took a plank and gave it some serious brain damage before it fell in the stream. Rip poisonyboi
reggie perrin's dad
Tourist
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 am
Reputation: 1
Cambodia

Re: Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by reggie perrin's dad » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Serious question, which may have been asked / answered in other places, but what should you do in the event of a snakebite here in Siem Reap (or anywhere in the kingdom)?

However unlikely it may be to be bitten, does anyone know of a place where there's antivenin?
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4117
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 724
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by hanno » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:36 pm

reggie perrin's dad wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:10 pm
Serious question, which may have been asked / answered in other places, but what should you do in the event of a snakebite here in Siem Reap (or anywhere in the kingdom)?

However unlikely it may be to be bitten, does anyone know of a place where there's antivenin?
The Siem Reap Referral Hospital has anti-venom.
reggie perrin's dad
Tourist
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 am
Reputation: 1
Cambodia

Re: Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by reggie perrin's dad » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Thank you, Hanno - let's hope we never need it!
User avatar
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:34 am
Reputation: 77
Great Britain

Re: Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by JUDGEDREDD » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Try and get a good look at the snake / kill it so you can identify it and get the correct anti venom, then get the fuck to the closest place that stocks it, be sure to call ahead so a. They have it and b. It's ready.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4117
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 724
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by hanno » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:24 pm

JUDGEDREDD wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:54 pm
Try and get a good look at the snake / kill it so you can identify it and get the correct anti venom, then get the fuck to the closest place that stocks it, be sure to call ahead so a. They have it and b. It's ready.
These days it is generally advised not to try and kill the snake to avoid further envenomation. Lots of the antivenoms are compound antivenoms and the doctors will have a pretty good idea what snake zapped you without seeing the snake.
User avatar
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:34 am
Reputation: 77
Great Britain

Re: Man Dies From Snake Bite, Siem Reap

Post by JUDGEDREDD » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:19 am

hanno wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:24 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:54 pm
Try and get a good look at the snake / kill it so you can identify it and get the correct anti venom, then get the fuck to the closest place that stocks it, be sure to call ahead so a. They have it and b. It's ready.
These days it is generally advised not to try and kill the snake to avoid further envenomation. Lots of the antivenoms are compound antivenoms and the doctors will have a pretty good idea what snake zapped you without seeing the snake.

Might as well take the bastard out with you though
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post