Hot sauce

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Hot sauce

Post by StroppyChops » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 pm

Doubling down doesn't stop you from being a tosser.

Oh, and expecting and prejudice.

Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:53 pm

that genius wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:10 pm
Some people actually like very spicy food. I'm one of them. There's no macho show involved, i simply like very spicy food.

By the same logic would people who like bland food all be effeminate? Obviously not.

Somebody check that projector.

I suppose people who indulge in competitions could be...but then life is a competition, so we're all in it?
Certainly wasn't a personal observation of you, you manly hunk of man - you might recall me eating some of those little round chili pork balls your missus offered. I peed a little.
Clemen
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Clemen » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:55 pm

I like some of my food quite spicy, usually I find those kinds of sauces, the ones in the article to be pretty "one note" i.e. Just spicy. I also want say the tang of vinegar, a hint of smoke, the muskiness of fermentation, something like that. Generally I make my own and am happy with the results. I am not personally interested in the competition that sometimes goes along with it.
Somewhat related is the idea of Supertasters, while it generally agreed that everyone sees the same way (green is green, blue is blue), we do not all taste things the same way. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:46 pm

I’m a fan of very spicy food, and I have the Mad Dog 357 sauce. I never felt that way before from spicy, my stomach literally burned from the inside. The missus can handle it better.

I think a few drops in a Chilli would work very well.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:58 pm

Tabasco habanero is about my limit.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:21 am

that genius wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:11 pm
Have any of you tried any of these?

https://brainberries.co/interesting/the ... nt=2949231
tried Habaneros and Scotch Bonets, my old man used to get the actual chillies and we used to eat them
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:04 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:53 pm
Certainly wasn't a personal observation of you, you manly hunk of man - you might recall me eating some of those little round chili pork balls your missus offered. I peed a little.
Haha! I had forgotten that! :D :evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic