Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13336
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1629
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:33 pm

TOG wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm
When you look at the video, she seems to be much older than 14. Also, no sign of a beating, just a hair cut after they found the stolen items on her.
maybe you didnt see this video....? (click the watch on facebook link)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13336
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1629
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:32 pm
Anchor Moy wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:30 pm
Username Taken wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:53 pm
violet wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:17 am
Given the theif was 14, wouldn't it be appropriate to alter the thread title to female or young teenager rather than woman? I certainly wouldn't have commented as I did had I known she was 14.
Do we have any evidence that she is only 14. She doesn't look 14 to me.
Where did you see that she is 14, Violet ?
in one of the videos the woman videoing mentions the girl is supposedly 14
this video (its a different video to the one above)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
hburns
Expatriate
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:18 am
Reputation: 30
Togo

Re: Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Post by hburns » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:35 pm

TOG wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm
When you look at the video, she seems to be much older than 14. Also, no sign of a beating, just a hair cut after they found the stolen items on her.
I guess you missed the part where she was slapped repeatedly but a bigger, older woman then thrown to the floor and the part where she was kicked to the ground by a man. Then there was something thrown at her from behind, some obvious threats of more violence, a few more hits and her being hit with a chair!!!

The grown ups should be proud of themselves, they all acted with so much honour. She must have stolen a lot of people's phone for so many to get involved.
Last edited by hburns on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 798
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 215

Re: Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Post by violet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:35 pm

The videos don't display for me. May be my browser protecting me
User avatar
Kuroneko
Expatriate
Posts: 3258
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
Reputation: 494

Re: Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Post by Kuroneko » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:32 pm
Anchor Moy wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:30 pm
Username Taken wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:53 pm
violet wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:17 am
Given the theif was 14, wouldn't it be appropriate to alter the thread title to female or young teenager rather than woman? I certainly wouldn't have commented as I did had I known she was 14.
Do we have any evidence that she is only 14. She doesn't look 14 to me.
Where did you see that she is 14, Violet ?
in one of the videos the woman videoing mentions the girl is supposedly 14
I would recon she is older than 14 I put her at about 19. Check the video out here where she is being beaten. Its near the bottom of the page http://www.khnews360.online/%E1%9E%85%E ... %E1%9E%8F/

Maybe you can pick up some clues from the people speaking

Heres a 14 year old Khmer girl for comparison.
Image

The culprit

Image
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 9547
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 1277
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Post by Username Taken » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:58 pm




... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 1235
Yemen

Re: Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Post by John Bingham » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:06 pm

TOG wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm
When you look at the video, she seems to be much older than 14. Also, no sign of a beating, just a hair cut after they found the stolen items on her.
No sign of a beating? She gets battered regularly in that video. I felt pity for her, mainly because she looked young and vulnerable. Then when they tipped out her handbag with all the drug paraphernalia I felt different. A local who noticed me watching it said she's been caught robbing in Mondulkiri and other places before.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13336
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1629
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:26 pm

in the video she claims to be 14 but they dont believe her and think shes 18+, they search her bag for her ID card but she doesnt have one or house keys
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13336
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1629
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Kuroneko wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:32 pm
Anchor Moy wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:30 pm
Username Taken wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:53 pm
violet wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:17 am
Given the theif was 14, wouldn't it be appropriate to alter the thread title to female or young teenager rather than woman? I certainly wouldn't have commented as I did had I known she was 14.
Do we have any evidence that she is only 14. She doesn't look 14 to me.
Where did you see that she is 14, Violet ?
in one of the videos the woman videoing mentions the girl is supposedly 14
I would recon she is older than 14 I put her at about 19. Check the video out here where she is being beaten. Its near the bottom of the page http://www.khnews360.online/%E1%9E%85%E ... %E1%9E%8F/

Maybe you can pick up some clues from the people speaking

Heres a 14 year old Khmer girl for comparison.
Image

The culprit

Image
tbh to give a bit of balance, this girl that was on the Voice Cambodia the other week is only 13 but does look a lot older...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Kinetic
Expatriate
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:58 pm
Reputation: 53
France

Re: Woman Thief has Head Shaved by Angry Market Sellers

Post by Kinetic » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Is it possible to do a poll to see the percent of people pro or con? Could be interesting.
like : Are ok with the girl's punishment by the vendors?
1- Yes she deserve it.
2 - No, it's not right to do that.
Meeeeeeow
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post