Lady Bars siem reap.

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Lady Bars siem reap.

Post by console »

I found quote a few lady bars in siem reap, many people say there is not many.

So you probly know by now Draft bar and Mikeys both Sok San road.... (if not now you do)
But don't worry about those places, they are dead and pickings slim, the amount of freelancers on pub street lately is mind blowing!!!
There is a big pub there on pub street next to the YOLO hostel, called "draft something", if you want to play a fun game, sit there and count the freelancers, almost everyone there is a freelancer and even during quiet season the place is packed ! Unlike pontoon, HoD and love club in Phnom Phen here don't worry about the clubs like Temple they are almost khmer only and no freelancers. If you cant find any at that "draft place" on pub street (not on Sok San road that is lady bar) just walk out of pub street at 1am and look up and down the road, sooo may freelancers puts Phnom Phen to shame in that regards. If you walk further down near the round about near the creek (little river with nice bridges) then you will see a corner with 6 or so portable bars setup REAL Whisky only 2$ all cocktails $1.50, here also has LOTS of freelancers, and i mean LOTS.

So those who say no lady scene in Siem Reap i hope this helps.
oh ya also if you like to smoke then the bar next to the lady bar called Draft Bar on son san road is perfect place just follow your nose, i spend many nights going back and forward between the too....

I know i mention two different places with "draft" in the name, sorry.
I have not really contibuted much of anything so i hope this helps someone.

-C
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
ThePhoenix
Tourist
Canada

Re: Lady Bars siem reap.

Post by ThePhoenix »

I am a little confused with this post. The YOLO Hostel is just off of Sok San Road, quite a bit west of The Draft Bar, and not on Pub Street. There is a YOLO bar close to Pub Street, but when I walked around there, I saw nothing called "Draft ______".

And I assume when you say to walk down to the creek, you mean to walk down Little PUb Street until you reach the river?

Thanks for any clarification.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

A big thank you to the OP for informing the local police which bars to raid next.
I am shocked that anyone could have the energy for a lady after a day fighting their way through the crowds at the temples
Bexpath
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Bexpath »

Hey there,

Pretty new to Cambodia and brand new to the forum. I see you mention Temple here... I was just in Siem Reap and had a question about the club. As soon as I walked into the club, I was grabbed by a (very attractive) local girl who spoke English. Her friend grabbed my friend and we hit the floor. She danced with me, bought and poured me drinks repeatedly and was very assertive and *friendly* while dancing with me. More so than I’ve ever experienced. After she kept pouring me drinks and wouldn’t let me buy my own, I became skeptical and stopped drinking them. After maybe an hour, her and her friend grabbed us and went straight for the tuk tuks (maybe 1:30 AM). I’m not in the market for prostitutes and it all seemed too easy and convenient to not be prostitute related. So my friend and I chatted about it for a second, said thanks for the fun but we had to go as to not get trapped into paying crazy $$ only after the fact. They got upset, we offered to pay for their tuk tuk and they asked for more $$ to at least “cover their drinks.” Does this sound prostitute related or were we just being paranoid? It just seemed too premeditated and that we were targeted as tourists who may have had decent money. I can’t find where temple has a reputation for this.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Bexpath wrote:Hey there,

Pretty new to Cambodia and brand new to the forum. I see you mention Temple here... I was just in Siem Reap and had a question about the club. As soon as I walked into the club, I was grabbed by a (very attractive) local girl who spoke English. Her friend grabbed my friend and we hit the floor. She danced with me, bought and poured me drinks repeatedly and was very assertive and *friendly* while dancing with me. More so than I’ve ever experienced. After she kept pouring me drinks and wouldn’t let me buy my own, I became skeptical and stopped drinking them. After maybe an hour, her and her friend grabbed us and went straight for the tuk tuks (maybe 1:30 AM). I’m not in the market for prostitutes and it all seemed too easy and convenient to not be prostitute related. So my friend and I chatted about it for a second, said thanks for the fun but we had to go as to not get trapped into paying crazy $$ only after the fact. They got upset, we offered to pay for their tuk tuk and they asked for more $$ to at least “cover their drinks.” Does this sound prostitute related or were we just being paranoid? It just seemed too premeditated and that we were targeted as tourists who may have had decent money. I can’t find where temple has a reputation for this.
Sounds like you avoided a let down that was bound to happen later on. Where were they planning to go with you?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Did these very attractive girls have an adam's apple perchance?
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:57 pm Did these very attractive girls have an adam's apple perchance?
You have experience with them? :mrgreen:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Bexpath
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Bexpath »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:44 pm
Sounds like you avoided a let down that was bound to happen later on. Where were they planning to go with you?
They just said “to their place” or hotel...I can’t remember which, but when we said we could go to ours, they didn’t like that. Which was another big red flag in my mind.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Bexpath wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:44 pm
They just said “to their place” or hotel...I can’t remember which, but when we said we could go to ours, they didn’t like that. Which was another big red flag in my mind.
Thank you for all the tips on how to find the lady bars! And a reminder when accompanying ladies is to always check for large hands, large feet, adam's apple, deep voice, etc. Stay safe, people!
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

why would they make you the mark?

jewellery, fat wallets, big cocks or what :popcorn:
thru shit to more shit
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic