Looking for Career Opportunity (Engineering)

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
liem1905
Tourist
Malaysia

Looking for Career Opportunity (Engineering)

Post by liem1905 »

Hi Guys,

I'm from Malaysia and I recently traveled to Phnom Penh for a short holiday and then to Siem Reap and back after resigning from my previous job. After being here for about 2 weeks, I have decided to try out working here for a change of environment as I quite like it here. I have a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years HVAC work experience in the construction field and almost zero knowledge of Khmer language.

Are there any employers out there looking for someone with my caliber but can't speak the local language? I know it's almost a requirement but I have just moved here and I need to fund my living expenses. I am however fluent in English with a little knowledge of Mandarin and Cantonese if that's a plus. If not engineering, perhaps my skill would be handy in other disciplines as well (even waiting tables or manning a cash register, whichever can put a plate of rice on my table). Kindly buzz me if you have (or know of any) positions available. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Billy