Sihanoukville Police Crack Down on Market Parking Anarchy

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Sihanoukville Police Crack Down on Market Parking Anarchy

Post by bangkokhooker »

bolueeleh wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Hotdigr wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:31 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:23 pm
All fun and games until your Chinese overlords decide whitey is no longer allowed, buy up Kampot, and bulldoze the riverside for new luxury, hi rise condos nobody here wants or can afford.
Mate, if that's the way it goes, that's the way it goes. Nothing any of us whinging about it on a forum or on FB can do to stop it. I'm adaptable, so is my missus. We will live to fight another day, as we always do!
or u can wait for kampot n chinkville to become ghost towns like in many chink cities, n snap up the empty units with steep discounts :beer3:
Which cities are they then?
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

bangkokhooker wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:26 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Hotdigr wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:31 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:23 pm
All fun and games until your Chinese overlords decide whitey is no longer allowed, buy up Kampot, and bulldoze the riverside for new luxury, hi rise condos nobody here wants or can afford.
Mate, if that's the way it goes, that's the way it goes. Nothing any of us whinging about it on a forum or on FB can do to stop it. I'm adaptable, so is my missus. We will live to fight another day, as we always do!
or u can wait for kampot n chinkville to become ghost towns like in many chink cities, n snap up the empty units with steep discounts :beer3:
Which cities are they then?

bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Oh that old chestnut. “Ghost” cities.

US has 85% urbanisation. China has 50%.
They are moving the equivalent of the population of USA to these new cities. They are not ghost cities just under populated.

I forgive you though because many people blindly follow their western ideals and anti Chinese sentiment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic