What's Racist about this Cartoon?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: What's Racist about this Cartoon?

Post by yong »

khmerhamster wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:49 am The umpire has a big pointy nose.
Is that racist too?

Was it drawn by a whitey?
Calling someone a blackie is racist, what about calling someone a whitey? Personally its ok for anyone to call me yellow cos I really am yellow or brown or something in between.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

yong wrote:
khmerhamster wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:49 am The umpire has a big pointy nose.
Is that racist too?

Was it drawn by a whitey?
Calling someone a blackie is racist, what about calling someone a whitey? Personally its ok for anyone to call me yellow cos I really am yellow or brown or something in between.
But a tanned individual calling a homie a ni**er is ok.
So I presume whitey like me calling someone a whitey would also be ok.

And anyhow I get addressed based on the colour of my skin on a daily basis here and couldn’t care less.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

yong wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:15 pm Calling someone a blackie is racist, what about calling someone a whitey? Personally its ok for anyone to call me yellow cos I really am yellow or brown or something in between.
My wife is Chinese Singaporean. When in Singapore I am called all sorts of things by older Chinese in the street when I am walking with her holding her hand.

Speaking some Mandarin and a little more Hokien and Teochew they are always shocked when I tell them that I have no problem being called an ape or a devil or anything else.

When her family degenerate into dialect they do not even call me by my Christian name, I am just the Ang Mo. No insult intended and none taken.

In this modern Liberal, PC world, people are just too sensitive and that is what causes the majority of the problems we have.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

khmerhamster wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:27 pm But a tanned individual calling a homie a ni**er is ok.
I think there is a distinction between ni**er and ni**a, with the latter being considered acceptable by some African Americans to use amongst each other, and in some circumstances, with and by non-Blacks. Ni**er, I believe is considered far less acceptable by African Americans.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:43 pm
khmerhamster wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:27 pm But a tanned individual calling a homie a ni**er is ok.
I think there is a distinction between ni**er and ni**a, with the latter being considered acceptable by some African Americans to use amongst each other, and in some circumstances, with and by non-Blacks. Ni**er, I believe is considered far less acceptable by African Americans.
Q: how would you know which one somebody was using in speech? :stir:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

that genius wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:56 pm
prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:43 pm
Q: how would you know which one somebody was using in speech? :stir:
by the way the word is pronounced
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Don't we pronounce different words the same way? It all sounds the same to me.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

prahocalypse now wrote:
For real?
It sounds like you are splitting hairs (thick, dark, curly hairs)
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

It's gone a bit Tintin in the Congo with the lips. The cartoonist should really have had a little bit more sensitivity in what he's doing. Serena doesn't have a particularly flappy mouth.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:59 pm It's gone a bit Tintin in the Congo with the lips. The cartoonist should really have had a little bit more sensitivity in what he's doing. Serena doesn't have a particularly flappy mouth.
Sure she does, just not physically.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic