British protocol for greeting queen's granddaughter

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: British protocol for greeting queen's granddaughter

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

taabarang wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:23 pm Thank you very much for further elaboration. My question remains tho, is a granddaughter really considered a princess. Iwant my daughter to respect decorum and reflect well upon her family and especially her new school.

I didn't realize Brits or at least some of them entertain a disdain for royalty that is comparable to that of mine for Trump. I guess the expression "royal pain in the ass" must be as old as the hills.
i think the only people who love the Royal Family are just Traditionalists, the last person that was really loved in the Royal Family was Princess Diana
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

taabarang wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pm the director chose our daughter to greet the granddaughter of the Queen when she visits the project.
Can this 'director' offer any insight as to your question? Surely your granddaughter won't be the only soul interacting with the Queen's granddaughter.

I'm sure part of this directors duties is dealing with these charitable donations and the individuals involved. Maybe he can offer some insight or know how to contact someone that can.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

taabarang wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pm The director of a school in Kampong Cham paid a visit to our family this afternoon. After viewing the children's academic records and talking with us, the parents, he decided to accept them on the spot.
This sounds very odd, are you sure it's not some kind of scam, is this guy who visited you legit? They could be human traffickers on a scouting mission for all you know!
taabarang wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pmThe school is new to me; the director explained that it is in part funded by charitable donations.from the Royal Family; furthermore he chose our daughter to greet the granddaughter of the Queen when she visits the project.
Again, sounds a bit dodgy...you might want to conduct some due diligence. And which Royal Family was he referring to, Cambodian or Commonwealth or other?
taabarang wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pmAll of this background leads up to my question "how should my daughter address the Royal Granddaughter?" Are there any ceremonial requirements expected of her e.g. curtsying etc.? I thank my British colleagues in advance.
This will depend on which Royal Family.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I will indeed have a talk with the director if for no other reason than to find out the name of this Royal personage.

"Re Trump...You should always ask yourself the question. What would have happened if Trump lost. Answer. America would be well and truly screwed by Hilary Clinton. You got the lesser of two evils. Same as us. No decent politicians anywhere. All snout in the rough, freeloading, self opinionated blowhards."

I will never forgive the Democratic Party for backing Hillary. Trump however has no social graces and is an international laughing stock. He is a total embarrassment and a closet fascist to boot. The election proved George Bernard Shaw was right, " In a democracy people get what they deserve and deserve what they get."
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:57 pm
taabarang wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pm The director of a school in Kampong Cham paid a visit to our family this afternoon. After viewing the children's academic records and talking with us, the parents, he decided to accept them on the spot.
This sounds very odd, are you sure it's not some kind of scam, is this guy who visited you legit? They could be human traffickers on a scouting mission for all you know!
taabarang wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pmThe school is new to me; the director explained that it is in part funded by charitable donations.from the Royal Family; furthermore he chose our daughter to greet the granddaughter of the Queen when she visits the project.
Again, sounds a bit dodgy...you might want to conduct some due diligence. And which Royal Family was he referring to, Cambodian or Commonwealth?
taabarang wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pmAll of this background leads up to my question "how should my daughter address the Royal Granddaughter?" Are there any ceremonial requirements expected of her e.g. curtsying etc.? I thank my British colleagues in advance.
This will depend on which Royal Family.
No worries at all; it's legit. My wife che led it out in person. Commonwealth royalty; my wife would need no help with addressing Khmer royalty.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

taabarang wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:58 pm The election proved George Bernard Shaw was right, " In a democracy people get what they deserve and deserve what they get."
Well said

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Felgerkarb wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:48 pm Ave, Imperatrix, morituri te salutant.

No, wait...that's not right...
Oh, I dunno, the way the Chinese are driving at the moment...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Is it important? Its the granddaughter afterall.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic