Cambodian Rapper MC BULL Gets Car Stolen

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Rapper MC BULL Gets Car Stolen

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

@BklynBoy @PSD-Kiwi
you guys like Death Grips??
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Scottish Grime
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:41 am
BklynBoy wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:35 am
that genius wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm I've tried to like rap/hiphop, I really have

Only ever really liked this guy:

and this song about Sinville:

sorry but the people who like this guy are people who don't like hip-hop or maybe even rap. Unsure what your favorite music is but imagine the band that has songs in your genre of music that you like and is considered cheesy or corny. Not saying as an insult but trying to compare him to someone that you might not like but had a few "hits" in the type of music u like

then again, you started off saying you don't care for rap or hiphop so would make sense you would like this guy..lol.. again not saying as a bad thing..just trying talking....lol

on other hand, you like what you like right? its all subjective...at least you gave it a try
Coolio is good for one track, Gangsters Paradise is an all time classic in the commercial scene

i agree ... i don't want to like the song but when i hear it i do start singing it..lol.. then i get upset.. lol....
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hahaha
@BklynBoy @PSD-Kiwi the past 2 years British Female rappers have been killing it, check out these Gyals :bow:

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

talking about dissing... killing it :bow:
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:41 am
BklynBoy wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:35 am
that genius wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm I've tried to like rap/hiphop, I really have

Only ever really liked this guy:
sorry but the people who like this guy are people who don't like hip-hop or maybe even rap. Unsure what your favorite music is but imagine the band that has songs in your genre of music that you like and is considered cheesy or corny. Not saying as an insult but trying to compare him to someone that you might not like but had a few "hits" in the type of music u like

then again, you started off saying you don't care for rap or hiphop so would make sense you would like this guy..lol.. again not saying as a bad thing..just trying talking....lol

on other hand, you like what you like right? its all subjective...at least you gave it a try
Coolio is good for one track, Gangsters Paradise is an all time classic in the commercial scene

Oh c'mon BrooklynBoy,...Coolio's first album "It Takes A Thief" is a classic, not to mention his earlier stuff with WC & The Maad Circle...after "It takes a thief" though it mostly goes down hill as he was blinded by the commercial success of "Gangsters Paradise, so he kept trying to make commercial hits, a few (non-commercial) bangers but mostly misses unfortunately.

I completely understand, and agree with, what your point is though :thumb:
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jamie, I think it will take a bit of time for that UK hip hop/grime to grow on me, I haven't really given it a chance yet though...its just hard getting past the accents :D
I used to shun Australian hip hop for the same reason, rhymes just didn't sound right with a bogan occer accent...however a Kiwi mate of mine who films concerts and battles introduced me to Australias underground battle scene and I eventually got over the accents and now enjoy (decent, not all) Aussie hip hop.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:57 am Jamie, I think it will take a bit of time for that UK hip hop/grime to grow on me, I haven't really given it a chance yet though...its just hard getting past the accents :D
I used to shun Australian hip hop for the same reason, rhymes just didn't sound right with a bogan occer accent...however a Kiwi mate of mine who films concerts and battles introduced me to Australias underground battle scene and I eventually got over the accents and now enjoy (decent, not all) Aussie hip hop.
haha im the same with a lot of American rap tbh
a lot of the UK sounds have a Jamaican twang so that might sound quite alien to you too, in the UK a lot of the street talk/slang comes from the Black/Jamaican side, Grime evolved from the Garage/Ragga/Jungle

bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:06 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:57 am Jamie, I think it will take a bit of time for that UK hip hop/grime to grow on me, I haven't really given it a chance yet though...its just hard getting past the accents :D
haha im the same with a lot of American rap tbh
a lot of the UK sounds have a Jamaican twang so that might sound quite alien to you too, in the UK a lot of the street talk/slang comes from the Black/Jamaican side, Grime evolved from the Garage/Ragga/Jungle

I only listened once cause I thought it was weak.

What ya think?

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bvanfossen wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:13 pm I only listened once cause I thought it was weak.

What ya think?

Lyrically, Eminems is a far superior diss track lyrically

but musically MGKs songs is better to listen to
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic