EB Visa to ER - No Problem....

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

EB Visa to ER - No Problem....

Post by Old8404 »

Renewed my EB visa at Lucky Lucky. Told them that I wanted to renew my about to expire EB visa with ER. "No problem". Paid $290 and took less than 5 minutes. No paperwork or supporting documents asked for or required. Received passport back today (one week later) all in good order: ER / Multiple Entry / one year.

FYI
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: EB Visa to ER - No Problem....

Post by Brody »

I take it then that you probably don't resemble a man under 55 years of age....

...perhaps something more akin to this? Just a hunch but it could account for the relative ease of service you encountered.

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Brody wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:24 pm I take it then that you probably don't resemble a man under 55 years of age....

...perhaps something more akin to this? Just a hunch but it could account for the relative ease of service you encountered.

No, he's right.

Lucky tried to sell me on the idea, saying that Immig was doing this because it makes it easier for long termers to get a 12 month visa which could be extended indefinitely ( but, got a feeling they said 'for over 55s').
Despite me declining their offer, an ER EOS is what I received. Now I am trying to go the reverse of the OP and go from ER to EB.
I am currently being told 2 different things:
1. can't be done. have to leave the country and come back and start over, and
2. no problem. just get the WP then you can get the EB.

We'll see . . . . :whip:
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:38 pm No, he's right.

Lucky tried to sell me on the idea, saying that Immig was doing this because it makes it easier for long termers to get a 12 month visa which could be extended indefinitely ( but, got a feeling they said 'for over 55s').
Despite me declining their offer, an ER EOS is what I received. Now I am trying to go the reverse of the OP and go from ER to EB.
I am currently being told 2 different things:
1. can't be done. have to leave the country and come back and start over, and
2. no problem. just get the WP then you can get the EB.

We'll see . . . . :whip:
Interesting.

I'm having trouble following you though...

I'm going to assume that you and the OP are over 55 and that the OP's experience would only apply to those in that age range. It would have been helpful if he had stated his current age, because it would be an interesting turn of events if a 40 year old had the same recent experience of getting an ER with no supporting documentation.

What do you mean "got a feeling they said for over 55s" did Lucky Lucky say that or not?

So you told Lucky Lucky that you did not want an ER and they procured one for you anyway?

Who is telling you two different things...Lucky Lucky or two separate agents?

You really want to chase after an EB again? With all the work permit and letter of employment rigamarole, each and every year?
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Old8404 »

Sorry, Yes I am over 55 - (73). Point I wanted to share was that I was not asked for any proof of income or such things.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Brody wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:02 pm What do you mean "got a feeling they said for over 55s" did Lucky Lucky say that or not?
Means that I 'vaguely recall them mention over 55s'. Yes Lucky Lucky said that.

Brody wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:02 pm So you told Lucky Lucky that you did not want an ER and they procured one for you anyway?
Lucky wrote on the receipt EG, but what I got was ER. They blamed immigration.

Brody wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:02 pm Who is telling you two different things...Lucky Lucky or two separate agents?
LL is saying 'no problem'.
HR is saying 'must leave country'.

Brody wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:02 pm You really want to chase after an EB again? With all the work permit and letter of employment rigamarole, each and every year?
Yes I want an EB. Not ready to retire. I've never had to deal with the rigmarole before, my previous employer did it all.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Thank you gentlemen.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Where is Lucky Lucky?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Old8404 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 pm Sorry, Yes I am over 55 - (73). Point I wanted to share was that I was not asked for any proof of income or such things.
Yep, applicants who are 55 yrs or older are not required to provide any supporting documentation when applying for the ER EOS.

Reports lately are that the DoI are issuing ER EOSs to basically anyone 55+, even if that is not the EOS they requested...leaving people who actually work or own a business in a difficult position

If you find yourself in that position, like UT, it is up to the agency you used to sort it out for you and ensure that you get the EOS you requested...at their cost, not yours.
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Old8404 »

RE: Where is Lucky Lucky?

Lucky Lucky - Big sign says motorcycle shop - smaller signage is "Visa..."
Address: No. 413Eo, Preah Monivong (St. 93),
Phone: 023 220 988

On Monivong some blocks south of Asia Palace Hotel
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic