EB Visa to ER - No Problem....

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: EB Visa to ER - No Problem....

Post by willyhilly »

Explorer didn’t know where Lucky Lucky was? Should change his handle.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

Given his posting history I'm surprised he didn't tell US where it is!

Johnny
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Returning back to Cambodia at the beginning of 2018, my new work permit already been delivered to the bar. Time to pull my finger out and renew my EB EOS. "No" in my absence there had been a small change in the required paperwork. I sourced what I needed from the tax office! But it would take 2 months to be ready and my EB renewal was 2 weeks away.
So also taking advice I decided it would not be a bad idea to take it easy and relax after my recent operation.
It just so happened that my pension came into play has I was back in England. I was 55 but never the less sent the documents to back up my claim. So now I had myself a ER EOS.
The thing is at the time no official had mentioned that there was no reverting back to the EB.
Now I gave up the business and came to live in Phnom Penh.
I have once again renewed my EOS.
But once again to the retirement ER because their is no possible way apparently to revert back. But when applying the agent said we could possibly try by me obtaining a new passport, but he was very unsure if it would work.
I think that I should have paid a visit to the immigration, at least to try, by putting my case foreword, explaining the reasons. I have been legal with all their requirements in the past.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic