We would like to eat a real happy pizza in Phnom Penh city

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: We would like to eat a real happy pizza in Phnom Penh ci

Post by General Mackevili »

MekongMouse wrote:The one on 178 or 172 (can't remember) is pretty good. I've always been quite happy with the results.
Right off the river?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

General Mackevili wrote:
MekongMouse wrote:The one on 178 or 172 (can't remember) is pretty good. I've always been quite happy with the results.
Right off the river?
Yeah, off the river, right before the string of happy pizzas on the river. I think they do a better job to compensate for their slightly less central location.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

MekongMouse wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Right off the river?
Yeah, off the river, right before the string of happy pizzas on the river. I think they do a better job to compensate for their slightly less central location.
Yep, that's 178. ImageImage

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

St 172, across from Blue Dolphin.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

No brick hurling incidents along there ever.
as in never.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Years ago, I ate at some place near the FCC and got pleasantly ripped to the tits on their extra happy pizza. I hope they still exist, the restaurant that is, as well as my tits. Now I know why I have to tell people to get off of them.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

taabarang wrote:Years ago, I ate at some place near the FCC and got pleasantly ripped to the tits on their extra happy pizza. I hope they still exist, the restaurant that is, as well as my tits. Now I know why I have to tell people to get off of them.
Pot-smoking dudes, beware: That joint you're toking may be causing your breasts to blossom.

In a post for CNN on Thursday, Detroit-based plastic surgeon Dr. Anthony Youn warned that marijuana use could be behind the development of man boobs, known in the medical world as "gynecomastia," because of the drug's effects on hormone levels.

"Gynecomastia is caused by a hormone imbalance between testosterone and estrogen," Youn wrote. "When the ratio between testosterone and estrogen tips in favor of estrogen, the body responds by creating excessive breast tissue. Hence, man boobs."

Animal studies, the physician explained, have shown that exposure to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active component in cannabis, can result in a "decrease in testosterone levels, a reduction of testicular size and abnormalities in…sperm."

The jury is still out, however, as to how weed affects hormone levels in humans, though there is some evidence to suggest that pot users have lower testosterone levels than non-users and that heavy doses of the drug may delay the onset of puberty in young men.

There may not be any definitive evidence as yet linking marijuana use and man boobs, but Youn is hardly the first person to suggest a connection.

According to a recent Philly.com report on the topic, the medical community has suspected a link between pot and moobs for decades. However, due to the drug's status as an illicit substance, there hasn't been sufficient research to confirm these speculations.

Still, on MedlinePlus, a medical website maintained by the National Institutes of Health, "marijuana use" is listed as one of the causes of gynecomastia.

Last year, plastic surgeon Dr. Steven Goldman told ABC 5 News that boys who use marijuana in their formative years may be more likely to have man boobs later in life.

"Young men who use marijuana through puberty may have that transient, temporary breast enlargement become permanent because as their testosterone levels are altered by the marijuana," Goldman said. "They can get interference with the normal development. And those men can have in essence more breast tissue when they're done with puberty than they would have otherwise had."

Earlier this month, Dr. Adrian Lo, a plastic surgeon at Pennsylvania Hospital who specializes in breast reduction for men, told Philly.com that about a third of his patients are regular marijuana users.

Many "doctors, endocrinologists and surgeons with clinical acumen" have definitely been noticing a trend, Lo said.

Ultimately, Youn says that if you're worried about moobs (gynecomastia reportedly affects about 33 to 41 percent of men between the ages of 25 and 45, and 55 to 60 percent of men over the age of 50), you might want to just give the cannabis a rest.....

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4392617

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Hmmm, how big do they have to be in order to be classified as moobs? I've always felt I could lose a little bit of weight there... and yes I smoke a lot of weed.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Get off my chemically induced tits and pass me that joint.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Glad to see you have a sense of humour, taabarang. That was funny.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic