New Work Permit rules for THailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

New Work Permit rules for THailand

Post by phuketrichard »

seems as Cambodia tightens down on wp, Thailand is easing up.
Before you were ONLY allowed to do the work specified at the location specified in ur wp.

NO longer
The Chief of the Phuket Provincial Employment Office, Kattiya Pandech, has confirmed to The Phuket News this week that new provisions issued by Royal Decree in March are in effect, allowing foreigners with work permits to legally work in any field, anywhere in the country, for any employer as long as the work being done in not on the list of occupations prohibited to foreigners.
This means that foreigners who have been issued work permits are no longer restricted to performing only the type of work listed in the work permit, or at the exact location listed in the work permit, or for the employer listed in the work permit, or even in accordance with the conditions listed in the work permit,
https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-work- ... 3RrJEpF.97
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: New Work Permit rules for THailand

Post by yong »

I am sick and tired of selling screws and for so many years. Thanks @phuketrichard, this is good news for me.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

yong wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:42 am I am sick and tired of selling screws and for so many years. Thanks @phuketrichard, this is good news for me.
Yes, but will you find another boss who can dig into his deep.pockets for your less than modest expense account?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

taabarang wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:55 am
yong wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:42 am I am sick and tired of selling screws and for so many years. Thanks @phuketrichard, this is good news for me.
Yes, but will you find another boss who can dig into his deep.pockets for your less than modest expense account?
Damn what was I thinking? Nevertheless I can use this to pressure him. Like force him to change my car which is already 4 years old and I'm sick of it.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:11 am seems as Cambodia tightens down on wp, Thailand is easing up.
Why is it that in EVERYTHING you post, you try to highlight the fact that in your opinion, Thailand is better then Cambodia. This sentence was completely unecessary, as most of your Cambodian comments are.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

yong wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:42 am I am sick and tired of selling screws and for so many years. Thanks @phuketrichard, this is good news for me
cue: yong publishes the first copy of Therapist foodie

The rest, as they say is history.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

no squabbling please
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Hotdigr wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:11 am seems as Cambodia tightens down on wp, Thailand is easing up.
Why is it that in EVERYTHING you post, you try to highlight the fact that in your opinion, Thailand is better then Cambodia. This sentence was completely unecessary, as most of your Cambodian comments are.
Why is this sentence unnecessary if it seems to be how it is?

It's in the Thailand discussion forum. What's the problem?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Hotdigr wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 pm
That's just his thing. He's been in these forums for longer than I have and he just likes informing people about where they can get the best deals. Thailand is much cheaper than here when you are talking about basic services or groceries. When it comes to booze or cigarettes not so much. I appreciate his input, but no amount of price comparisons would ever convince me to live there. The place is pure evil, I'd rather stay in Cambodia.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"but no amount of price comparisons would ever convince me to live there. The place is pure evil, I'd rather stay in Cambodia."

I believe you have just stumbled upon a new slogan.
"Cambodia-the lesser of two evils."
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic