British Tourist Robbed at Knife-point by Phnom Penh Gang

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Tourist Robbed at Knife-point by Phnom Penh Gang

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: A 53-year-old British Tourist, PETER JOHN BOLT, was robbed at knife-point at 1:30 am on August 30, 2018, on street 154, Sangkat Meanchey, Phnom Penh.The victim lost $270, a gold ring, a Casio watch and his sunglasses.

Meanchey police officers arrested the thieves on August 30 at 11:30 pm.The suspects are identified as four drug users: Sum Tola, 25-year-old, Meun Key, 21-year-old, Norng Maneth, 29 years old, and Phat Vichay, 20-year-old. The police confiscated a motorbike which has no plate number.

The suspects have been detained at Khan Daun Penh police station.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: British Tourist Robbed at Knife-point by Phnom Penh Gang

Post by prahocalypse now »

Peter Bolt says on Facebook:
...on a serious note. I was robbed last night in Phnom Penh. They stole my wedding band and threatened to chop my finger off for it! It's not a safe place. I was terrorised for 4 hours, kidnapped. I'm a little traumatized today...
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Peter Bolt
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

^ Ah, the ol' Singha beer singlet. Nothing says "Please rob me" more than the Singha singlet.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Nothing says
I was terrorized for 4 hours, kidnapped.
quite like the hyperbolic, booze addled wearer of the Singha singlet.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

xxxxxxx wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:36 pm ^ Ah, the ol' Singha beer singlet. Nothing says "Please rob me" more than the Singha singlet.
I was thinking that!

King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Highly doubt someone voluntarily keeps this guy for four hours at his place
onico
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by onico »

hey! it's the weed seller who stay day/night front of the gastronomic Happy Herb Pizza !? :-D :bong:
(small country)
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

onico wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:24 pm hey! it's the weed seller who stay day/night front of the gastronomic Happy Herb Pizza !? :-D :bong:
(small country)
Does he sell weed from a tuktuk?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Peter Bolt just posted this on Facebook:
Cheers for the kind words all. I had 4 hrs in the cop shop yesterday. Police were very courteous and even treated me to lunch. 😁. They rounded up the gang in about 2 hours. I identified the tuk tuk driver through an horrendous scar around his neck, that was still bleeding (like he had recently been garrotted). Apparently he is paid USD 50 to bring in foreigners. So he was easy to find as every tuk tuk driver knew about 'old scar neck'. So he spilled his guts and the rest of the gang was hauled in. They were made to stand on one leg for a while whilst the police took a truncheon to them. I had the privilege to watch. Like something out of the Killing Fields. Even given an invite to have a go myself...tempting. Justice served. Phnom Penh is developing fast along with its crime scene. No ring recovered, but I'm insured. Surprisingly they didn't take the phone, cash (only a little on me, dont carry more than you need in PP) or camera. They even left the passport....ho hum, life goes on....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic