Brits, Future travel plans. NOT

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Brits, Future travel plans. NOT

Post by violet »

YORKIE wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:19 pm You Can't book a flight out of The UK after 23.59pm March 29th 2019. BREXIT. Be my guest and try yourself.
Good. Confines the whiners
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

There has to be a way The Daily Mail can pin this on Putin and necessitate an airstrike in Syria
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:09 am lots of airlines booking systems do not work more than 6 months out
Not the airlines I use, but the story is rubbish. MAN to BKK 01-04 outbound, 15-04 inbound with Emirates 622.30 GBP.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:16 am It's August, why the fuck are you booking flights in April now? You'll pay through the nose.
I book 2 UK - Thailand returns a year, outward usually 6 months ahead with return date 11 months ahead, it's the cheapest way these days and the opposite from what it used to be in the lastminute.com era. Example : Etihad out 31st December 2018 back May 31st 2019 booked early July 465 quid. Haven't paid more than 500 quid with decent airlines in 5 years and cheaper than I was flying 20 years ago on the route.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:16 am
cptrelentless wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:16 am It's August, why the fuck are you booking flights in April now? You'll pay through the nose.
I book 2 UK - Thailand returns a year, outward usually 5-6 months ahead with return date 10-11 months ahead, it's the cheapest way these days and the opposite from what it used to be in the lastminute.com era.
These days, for me, the tricks for cheap tickets are:

- booking in advance (wait for the promotion)
- play with 'open jaw' tickets, use different start en ending point. For instance BKK-MUN-PNH might be USD 600 when PNH-MUN-PNH will be over 900 USD. Sometimes the trick works the other way, eg PNH-MUN-BKK.
- Fly from major airports, not the regional ones where there's hardly any competition. Esp. PNH sucks when it comes to competition although it's a bit better than before.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:23 am

- play with 'open jaw' tickets, use different start en ending point. For instance BKK-MUN-PNH might be USD 600 when PNH-MUN-PNH will be over 900 USD. Sometimes the trick works the other way, eg PNH-MUN-BKK.
- Fly from major airports, not the regional ones where there's hardly any competition. Esp. PNH sucks when it comes to competition although it's a bit better than before.
That's it, their finely tuned business model seems to be to release cheapies early to get the required occupancy and when achieved start lumping it up when they are in profit and getting close to departure. The route I fly even with different airlines has been 100% or close to without exception, whereas years ago it wasn't unusual to see rows of empty seats. Technology and efficient business model in a cut-throat industry nowadays.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:41 am
Kammekor wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:23 am

That's it, their finely tuned business model seems to be to release cheapies early to get the required occupancy and when achieved start lumping it up when they are in profit and getting close to departure. The route I fly even with different airlines has been 100% or close to without exception, whereas years ago it wasn't unusual to see rows of empty seats. Technology and efficient business model in a cut-throat industry nowadays.
How much is your flight? I flew PNH to LHR for £300 with Malaysia, all in. That was booked six weeks ahead. The latest advice to buying tickets is to avoid more than six months ahead and one month before take-off.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

YORKIE wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:19 pm You Can't book a flight out of The UK after 23.59pm March 29th 2019. BREXIT. Be my guest and try yourself.
I blame your Geography teacher! Bangkok has never been in the EU!

As for the club that changed it's name from the common market to EU that takes billions but never gives much back apart from ludicrous rules and restrictions, were leaving, not as much disconnected as we wanted but you'll have to suck it up!

Farmer1
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Farmer1 »

YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

Fourkinell. Can you give me a few examples of the ludicrous rules and regulations the EU burdens the UK with ?. Take your time Boris.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic