Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 341

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by Felgerkarb » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:22 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 am
Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 am
Sokha still take barang?
Even Sakal is gone

on TA
The Sakal, a long-established budget accomadation option (plus bar & restaurant) near Victory beach, has been demolished, courtesy of the Chinese. Sihanoukville is fast becoming a new province of China, with all that that entails.
No I mean the Sokha Beach Resort, the expensive place the PM goes to.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 425
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by cptrelentless » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:22 pm
phuketrichard wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 am
Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 am
Sokha still take barang?
Even Sakal is gone

on TA
The Sakal, a long-established budget accomadation option (plus bar & restaurant) near Victory beach, has been demolished, courtesy of the Chinese. Sihanoukville is fast becoming a new province of China, with all that that entails.
No I mean the Sokha Beach Resort, the expensive place the PM goes to.
That's Royal Group, so it's not going anywhere. I had $25 lamb chops there.
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 341

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by Felgerkarb » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 pm

cptrelentless wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 pm
Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:22 pm
phuketrichard wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 am
Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 am
Sokha still take barang?
Even Sakal is gone

on TA
The Sakal, a long-established budget accomadation option (plus bar & restaurant) near Victory beach, has been demolished, courtesy of the Chinese. Sihanoukville is fast becoming a new province of China, with all that that entails.
No I mean the Sokha Beach Resort, the expensive place the PM goes to.
That's Royal Group, so it's not going anywhere. I had $25 lamb chops there.
Really? I thought that was Sok Kong, same same as Sokimex, former Angkor Authority, etc..
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 805
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by bolueeleh » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:09 pm

Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 pm
Really? I thought that was Sok Kong, same same as Sokimex, former Angkor Authority, etc..
yup, thats correct, thats wat i heard too, n one more khmer general that passed away, cant remember his name
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm
Reputation: 36
United States of America

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by Jacobincambodia » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:15 am

Felgerkarb wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 am
Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 am
Sokha still take barang?
Even Sakal is gone

on TA
The Sakal, a long-established budget accomadation option (plus bar & restaurant) near Victory beach, has been demolished, courtesy of the Chinese. Sihanoukville is fast becoming a new province of China, with all that that entails.
No I mean the Sokha Beach Resort, the expensive place the PM goes to.
Sokha is up and running. Few barang go there. Burgers are good but overpriced, will finish my spa membership and probably won’t return. Used to be such a nice spot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4598
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1033
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by hanno » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:22 am

Jacobincambodia wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:15 am
Sokha is up and running. Few barang go there. Burgers are good but overpriced, will finish my spa membership and probably won’t return. Used to be such a nice spot.
With crappy service....
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 805
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by bolueeleh » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:41 am

Jacobincambodia wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:15 am
Felgerkarb wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 am
Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 am
Sokha still take barang?
Even Sakal is gone

on TA
The Sakal, a long-established budget accomadation option (plus bar & restaurant) near Victory beach, has been demolished, courtesy of the Chinese. Sihanoukville is fast becoming a new province of China, with all that that entails.
No I mean the Sokha Beach Resort, the expensive place the PM goes to.
Sokha is up and running. Few barang go there. Burgers are good but overpriced, will finish my spa membership and probably won’t return. Used to be such a nice spot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wont renew my spa membership as well, too many chinks there now :rambo:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 341

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by Felgerkarb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:25 am

hanno wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:22 am
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:15 am
Sokha is up and running. Few barang go there. Burgers are good but overpriced, will finish my spa membership and probably won’t return. Used to be such a nice spot.
With crappy service....
A couple of years back, I had my decade anniversary going to Sokha. The management upgraded Morticia and I to a VIP room and we got some nice extras as a thank you for continual patronage. We were quite happy....then the stinking mattress that smelled like a fat, chain smoking Chinese guy, terrible service (tried to charge me for Ice Coffee at the free breakfast buffet, the 45 minute wait for a refill on a cocktail)....ya....service.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4598
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1033
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by hanno » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 am

Felgerkarb wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:25 am
hanno wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:22 am
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:15 am
Sokha is up and running. Few barang go there. Burgers are good but overpriced, will finish my spa membership and probably won’t return. Used to be such a nice spot.
With crappy service....
A couple of years back, I had my decade anniversary going to Sokha. The management upgraded Morticia and I to a VIP room and we got some nice extras as a thank you for continual patronage. We were quite happy....then the stinking mattress that smelled like a fat, chain smoking Chinese guy, terrible service (tried to charge me for Ice Coffee at the free breakfast buffet, the 45 minute wait for a refill on a cocktail)....ya....service.
Breakfast was probably the worst part of my stays there. Service was totally disorganised. That is when there were actually staff present....
User avatar
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm
Reputation: 36
United States of America

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by Jacobincambodia » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:53 am

hanno wrote:
Felgerkarb wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:25 am
hanno wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:22 am
Jacobincambodia wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:15 am
Sokha is up and running. Few barang go there. Burgers are good but overpriced, will finish my spa membership and probably won’t return. Used to be such a nice spot.
With crappy service....
A couple of years back, I had my decade anniversary going to Sokha. The management upgraded Morticia and I to a VIP room and we got some nice extras as a thank you for continual patronage. We were quite happy....then the stinking mattress that smelled like a fat, chain smoking Chinese guy, terrible service (tried to charge me for Ice Coffee at the free breakfast buffet, the 45 minute wait for a refill on a cocktail)....ya....service.
Breakfast was probably the worst part of my stays there. Service was totally disorganised. That is when there were actually staff present....
Chinese don’t seem to care so much about that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ghostwriter, Google [Bot], lurcio and 292 guests