I think my neighbor has stolen my cats

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Re: I think my neighbor has stolen my cats

Post by RogueAnt »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:49 am OP,

did you ever consider your cats catching some infectious disease and leaving for a silent place to pass away? Cats don't like to be ill around people and they will usually sneak out and die alone in silence. And in the countryside cats don't last long - I can tell you from my experience.

Be careful with your accusations, this is Cambodia, the country where a cat is worth less than a plate of rice.
What?! The mother is only one year old, spayed, de-wormed, vaccinated, had flea treatment and was happily sleeping next to my laptop on Thursday afternoon. The kitten is the same although he hasn't been neutered because the vet said his balls weren't big enough yet. These cats may have been born in the countryside but they have had the same level of care as a western cat would.

The neighbor is a young American digital nomad, not a local.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

RogueAnt wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:58 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:49 am OP,

did you ever consider your cats catching some infectious disease and leaving for a silent place to pass away? Cats don't like to be ill around people and they will usually sneak out and die alone in silence. And in the countryside cats don't last long - I can tell you from my experience.

Be careful with your accusations, this is Cambodia, the country where a cat is worth less than a plate of rice.
What?! The mother is only one year old, spayed, de-wormed, vaccinated, had flea treatment and was happily sleeping next to my laptop on Thursday afternoon. The kitten is the same although he hasn't been neutered because the vet said his balls weren't big enough yet. These cats may have been born in the countryside but they have had the same level of care as a western cat would.

The neighbor is a young American digital nomad, not a local.
The same level of care doesn't guarantee the same level of quality of life because these cats don't live in the West but in Cambodia. I live in the countryside too and no dog lasted more than 5 years and no cat lasted over 2. Might be a coincidence though......
My last cat went from a healthy 4 months old rat killer sleeping on my lap to smelly pile of dead meat in less than 24 hours. Rainy season isn't the healthiest season for cats (and pigs, and chicken, and .....), you know.

Just trying to make clear there might be other options than the USA guy nicking your cats.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

^^ Okay thanks for your thoughts.

I don't think they would both go away to die at the exact same time but that's why I made the post. I was looking for other people's thoughts as he seemed like a nice guy. He said his father is a vet in the US and he seemed to really like the mother cat so it's difficult to believe that he would do this.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

he has them, i bet
i had a similar thing and the cat escaped after 3 weeks and came home.
never knew which neighbor
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

RogueAnt wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:38 am He gets western food delivered once a day.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

khmer and khmerchen too lazy to eat chma
mou much better
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

fax wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:27 am
RogueAnt wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:38 am He gets western food delivered once a day.
He's more likely to be doing something kinky with the cat. When he came over on Thursday he kept saying he couldn't believe it was the same cat. "Her fur is so soft," he kept repeating. :shock:

He had only been back for a couple of days and I didn't know he'd been "touching" the cat as these days she stays spends most of her time inside or on the front step in the sun.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

you know if you replace the word "cat" in this story with "Khmer Bar girl girlfriend" it becomes a much better story :lol:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I disagree. Cats only want food, water, a nice place to sleep, and someone to love them. Khmer bar girl girlfriend wants to suck out your soul - your money first, your sanity, and finally your heart. After you are a dried, empty husk, she’ll move on to the next victim. I know exactly where I stand with kitty.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:16 am he has them, i bet
i had a similar thing and the cat escaped after 3 weeks and came home.
never knew which neighbor
Was this in Cambo or a western country? Was it an indoor/outdoor cat?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic