I think my neighbor has stolen my cats

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: I think my neighbor has stolen my cats

Post by cptrelentless »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:21 pm This situation proves that...cats show zero loyalty! They will go to whoever feeds them the best meals, fk your feelings.

Get a dog, loyal as fk.
I was going to say this. One does not become attached to the servants.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:21 pm This situation proves that...cats show zero loyalty! They will go to whoever feeds them the best meals, fk your feelings.

Get a dog, loyal as fk.
If your dog went missing would you think someone had stolen it or it was just disloyal?

What if your neighbor had always liked your dog and because you never tied it up or locked it up in the house decided he'd like to have a dog but without the responsibility?

What if your neighbor called your friendly, loyal dog and let it into his house then closed the door so it couldn't escape?

I like dogs and cats but this isn't about which animal is better. It's about someone allegedly locking my pets inside their house and preventing them from coming home.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I don't know if it's still the case, but it used to be in Australia that the person deemed to own a cat was the last one to feed it. True story.

Have to say it - if you don't want your cat choosing new staff, don't let it outside.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:58 pm I don't know if it's still the case, but it used to be in Australia that the person deemed to own a cat was the last one to feed it. True story.

Have to say it - if you don't want your cat choosing new staff, don't let it outside.
We live down a quiet lane in the countryside, far from town and it would be cruel not to let the them play in the garden. We thought there was no danger of cars or predators. We weren't even worried about the locals eating them as they all have dogs and cats.

Who would've thought the biggest danger was going to be an American Digital Nomad. And we don't even live in Kampot.

You're only a cat servant if you clean out a litter tray :wink:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

RogueAnt wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:41 pm Who would've thought the biggest danger was going to be an American Digital Nomad. And we don't even live in Kampot.
If you're right, you can bet the ADN in question is the sort to abandon the cats when the time comes to nome.
You're only a cat servant if you clean out a litter tray :wink:
You tell yourself that!
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:44 pm If you're right, you can bet the ADN in question is the sort to abandon the cats when the time comes to nome.
Exactly, so we've come full circle. That's part of the reason why he's the prime suspect in the catnapping/borrowing mystery. Convenient cats for a cat lover that can mysteriously re-appear when he's ready to re-locate.

I don't know why he just doesn't leave the door open and let them come and visit like they sometimes do with other neighbors. His house is the only house in the whole area that NEVER has doors or windows open.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

fax wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:01 pm
RogueAnt wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:20 pm Then he asked if he could come over and play with the kittens every couple of days. I said yes
Have you entertained the idea that he wished to invite himself to nibble on your pecker and when his advances were presumably rejected he took to vengefully slaying your beasts? Do you perhaps wear a man bun, skinny jeans or anything else that might have given him the false idea? Besides your obsession in critters, of course.
Ring a bell for mental health. Ding a long, ding a long.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

RogueAnt wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:13 pm His house is the only house in the whole area that NEVER has doors or windows open.
Grow room set up? Are you sure this isn't Ned Kelly we're talking about here and this is his lost cat. Does the ADN look like a meth head?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Khartoum wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:24 pm Does the ADN look like a meth head?
Don't they all?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

fax wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:01 pm
RogueAnt wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:20 pm Then he asked if he could come over and play with the kittens every couple of days. I said yes
Have you entertained the idea that he wished to invite himself to nibble on your pecker and when his advances were presumably rejected he took to vengefully slaying your beasts? Do you perhaps wear a man bun, skinny jeans or anything else that might have given him the false idea? Besides your obsession in critters, of course.
I was thinking it was more than a bit weird for an adult to ask to come around and play with kittens. Anyway domestic cats and their feral relations are evil animals, responsible for a huge amount of destruction of native wildlife. Anyone who says they love animals, yet keeps cats, is seriously deluded.

https://www.wildlifecenter.org/news_eve ... estic-cats
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic