Scary Confirmation of fears about work visa/work permit

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Scary Confirmation of fears about work visa/work permit

Post by taabarang »

Today I discovered a new(for me)expat forum based in Kampot. There are loads of testimony indicating that The Ministries of Interior and finance are indeed proceeding with great enthusiasm to collect funds all the way back to the first E visa. Apparently not all provinces are so zealous, but until there is more personal testimony like this, I feel that one must prepare for the worst. Have a look at http://www.kampotbuildersguide.com/view ... ?f=2&t=179 Read'em and weep.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
YourMother
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Scary Confirmation of fears about work visa/work permit

Post by YourMother »

Now Sweetie,

That is all a bunch of RUMOR MONGERING bullshit.

Wipe your nose :cry: , have some chicken soup, and clean your underwear.

AND STOP STARTING NEW BULLSHIT THREADS ON THIS LAME SUBJECT!

Your Mother

Your messing with my Karma man.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

What evidence do you have that the posters on this forum are rumor mongers? I think they did a good job of separating fact from fear. As for your condescending attitude toward me it has no, absolutely no effect on me. I have a lot at stake on this issue and thus will not stop posting on it. Keep your lofty opinions limited to such touchy subjects as new Burger Kings, etc
YourMother
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by YourMother »

taabarang wrote:Today I discovered a new(for me)expat forum based in Kampot. There are loads of testimony indicating that The Ministries of Interior and finance are indeed proceeding with great enthusiasm to collect funds all the way back to the first E visa. Apparently not all provinces are so zealous, but until there is more personal testimony like this, I feel that one must prepare for the worst. Have a look at http://www.kampotbuildersguide.com/view ... ?f=2&t=179 Read'em and weep.
First, you are quoting another forum.

Second, there is not one person in Cambodia has been fined and/or had to do anything.

Just chill dude.

Your Mother
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Your mother said, 'First, you are quoting another forum." The mods have no problem with it, so who do you think you are? You're just a little wannabe expat who couldn't speak monosyllabic Cambodian let alone translate a praka, let alone understand that written laws are worth the paper they're thoughtlessly scribbled upon. Stay a few more years if you can afford it.
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

Now we got the same thread 3 times.

Here

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/newswor ... t2255.html

and here

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/newswor ... t2217.html

and here

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/ask-the ... t2229.html

One thread about this would be actually enough !
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

There are more editors than there is information on here.
YourMother
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by YourMother »

I think the point is ... we get it. If you are approached about it, let us know. If your neighbor is approached about it let us know.

If your dog is approached about it, let us know.

Otherwise, just go to DQ and get a Blizzard and come back later and we will try to see what FACTS we gather.

Wash your underwear.

Your Mother :popcorn:
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

taabarang wrote:What evidence do you have that the posters on this forum are rumor mongers?
Would a rumor be saying that you saw someone in the last week who had been missing and deceased for a couple months?

I'll get off your tits now...
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Read ALL of the link http://www.kampotbuildersguide.com/view ... ?f=2&t=179 then indicate the fear mongering that isn't attacked on that forum. I'm afraid many of you are in for an unpleasant surprise. Now try to contain yourselves and suppress your need to strike out and let people with experience post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic