Scary Confirmation of fears about work visa/work permit

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Scary Confirmation of fears about work visa/work permit

Post by taabarang »

Well, I hope you' re right Duncan and I'm wrong.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

In term of the work permit, they are very serious about it in SR....even when the mayor/governor or whatever his position is refused to comply.

Taabarang is partially correct, I also said similar when I translated the work permit article 2 or so months ago that barangs are easy to pick on. They don't dare do no any shit to the Vietnamese and the Chinese.

You can not continuously live luxurious lives from your corrupted past earnings, new tricks needed. They need to finance the nights and nights in the KTV, booze and virgins. It would be a lose of face if people find out you're broke.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

What's green and let's you work where you want?

Permit the frog

Sorry
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Not bad for a Vlad substitute. Now let's get back on track. Who can provide info about the barang who unleashed the Ministry of Interior on E visa holders.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

There is NO definite answer at this point. Anything of this nature will need to get approved by the Vietnamese, which I don't think it is yet at this point, but will be sooner or later.

I doubt they will back charge you if you are previously employed or self-employed. Cool down man.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

FC,I don't think you followed this post close enough. There are at least two previous posters who know what I'm talking about; they are OD and giblet. Like i say I hope you're right, but in my many years in Cambodia living with Cambodians and dealing with Cambodian officials, I find little hope in trusting their altruism. As you pointed out elsewhere, it's about money.

This is my cool mode you should see me when I'm excited. But in any case the issue is this. People have accused me of fear and rumor mongering, so if people make assertions about what happened in Kampot, I feel they should front up their evidence.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I will cut it short. I talked to the higher up officials prior to my posting. They do know what is going on but do not know when it comes into effect.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

The one thing that can be said with certainty is no one should go anywhere near the department of labour in Kampot. What is it with Kampot? Not so long ago quite a few of its expat community handed over thousands of dollars to an official, who was going to get them residency in the kingdom. Needless to say they received nothing in return for their hard earned cash. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Duncan wrote:Work Visa's / Permits ,,,,Reminds of stories from the past , like
Advertising will be banned on tuk-tuks.
No more tuk-tuks allowed on Norodom Blvd.
All business around Wat Phnom must relocate .
All hardware business in Mao Tse Toung must relocate.
All busses must relocate outside the city center.
All bars must close by midnight .
Motorbikes drivers must wear helmets.
Motorbike's must have 2 rear view mirrors

I would write more, but I think my computer has run out of ink.
This.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Takeoman said, "The one thing that can be said with certainty is no one should go anywhere near the department of labour in Kampot. What is it with Kampot?" Yeah what is it? Those who say they know something about a barang who sicced ministerial officialdom on them. But so far, no verification.

As for Stroppychops, "this" I remember all of those and could add a few to the list having lived here for many years. However unlike these petty bullying issues this one is a real cash cow that the provincial fiefdoms will revel in. Again, I hope I'm wrong, but politics has been weird lately and I don't feel that requesting and sharing information is the same as conducting a fear campaign. This-suit yourself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic