Evil People

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Evil People

Post by TOG »

Had a real problem deciding how to title this one.

In Thailand, there is a well know vlogger in the Chiang Rai region who posts very interesting videos about Thai life and his farm.

In his journies he came across the Bethany Children's home. This is a boot strap operation run by a Thai pastor and his wife. They have had a few issues over leasing their land and raising funds for the 40 or so children they look after (mainly hill tribe orphans). However, with the support of kind hearted people, they get by.

This vlogger (well known) decided to allocate the meager funds he gets from his vlog on YouTube to the children's home direct. He is reasonably well off and has never asked for money for himself (unlike so many other well off vloggers....K I T).

Now he has been hauled in front of immigration and threatened with his visa being canceled if he continues to do this. They consider it work and in violation of his visa.

How did this happen? Some nice person informed immigration that he was touting for money. How sick can you get?

Who loses out? Not him as he is financially stable but the children's home has been deprived of an income source.

As I said, how sick can you get. I hope that Karma bites this person very hard.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Evil People

Post by Beerinthemorning »

You dont get it.

If your making money in thailand even if its from hard work thai people consider you to be taking it from them.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:35 pm You dont get it.

If your making money in thailand even if its from hard work thai people consider you to be taking it from them.
He is not making money, it goes direct to the children's.

They considered his case under the "volunteer" heading as he made nothing from it.

This poses an interesting question about vlogging in Thailand as nearly all of the expat vloggers make money as digital nomads yet seem to survive without being interviewed by immigration.

The question is, "is asking for money for yourself to lead the life you want in Thailand different to not asking for money but stating that any proceeds will go direct to a children's home?"

Somewhere on the dark, dark web lurks a person with a very sick and twisted mind.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

'Somewhere on the dark, dark web lurks a person with a very sick and twisted mind.'

There's a hell of a lot more than one, and some are far worse than what you just experienced. For instance, I learned of the momo challenge last week.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

I often think that the internet and modern communications are the tool of the devil.

There is a lot to be said for being a Luddite.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

It's a tool
For whomever uses it.
Evil tends to win as far as I'm concerned, as they play by different rules.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Information toxicity! The problem of control without a standard myth. Welcome to the interweb.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

TOG wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:00 pm I often think that the internet and modern communications are the tool of the devil.

Says a guy posting on the internet about a vlogger.
God
Omnipotent
Cambodia

Post by God »

TOG wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:00 pm I often think that the internet and modern communications are the tool of the devil.

Going to have to agree with you.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

TOG wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:47 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:35 pm You dont get it.

He is not making money, it goes direct to the children's.

They considered his case under the "volunteer" heading as he made nothing from it.

This poses an interesting question about vlogging in Thailand as nearly all of the expat vloggers make money as digital nomads yet seem to survive without being interviewed by immigration.

The question is, "is asking for money for yourself to lead the life you want in Thailand different to not asking for money but stating that any proceeds will go direct to a children's home?"

Somewhere on the dark, dark web lurks a person with a very sick and twisted mind.
In Thailand everything is done one for a reason.

This kind of goodwill doesnt belong in thailand, they have money enough.....

Perhaps direct your vloger friend to the likes of Yemen or Syria where help is really needed.......
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic