Mother and Daughter Team Arrested for Procuring Minors for Foreigners

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Mother and Daughter Team Arrested for Procuring Minors for Foreigners

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: A 31-year-old woman and her 15-year-old daughter were summoned to court on August 21, 2018, on charges of convincing young girls, 15 years old and younger, to have sex with foreigners for the sum of $ 200 per night.

The police said the four girls between 14 to 15 years old got persuaded to have sex by the two suspects, mother and daughter, by telling the victims that they will get lots of money, between $5,000 to $10,000, a new car and a new house.

Two of the victims have had sex with foreigners before, but they got paid only $200 per night. The other two victims haven't had sex yet, because the victims' parents went to the police to file a complaint after they were missing from home overnight.

The judge decided to imprison the two suspects.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Mother and Daughter Team Arrested for Procuring Minors for Foreigners

Post by taabarang »

What a mom.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

31yo mum, 15yo daughter..

I went to school with a girl who had 3 kids by 18. Somehow the 3 30+ yo fathers avoided statutory rape charges, but never found out how.

Who are these foreigners they're accused of supplying anyway? How is it they aren't in cuffs?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Do they have Young Offender's Institutions here or do you just get chucked in the main prison? I was thinking this when looking at the criminal kids thread.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

As the facts were related to the Phnom Penh court yesterday, the mother and daughter persuaded one of the daughter's friends to have sex with two old men, first a Cambodian man, and then a Chinese man.
The victim is aged 14, and these are serious charges. Mother and daughter both face up to 5 years in prison. However, the daughter is only 15 and under the guardianship (and influence) of her mother, yet she is on trial here as an adult.

January 30, 2019
Mom and daughter tried over sex procurement

Phnom Penh Municipal Court today tried a mother and daughter who allegedly procured an underage girl to have sex with two wealthy men in exchange for commissions in the capital last year.

Presiding Judge Kor Vandy identified them as Yim Sreyti, 36, a laundrywoman living in a rental house in Dangkor district, and Yim Putheakminea, 15, a student.

He said that both were charged with acts of intentional violence with aggravating circumstances and face up to five years in jail each if convicted.

Judge Vandy said that on July 15 last year, both accused persuaded a 14-year-old friend of Ms Putheakminear to have sex with a 50-year-old Cambodian man.

He noted that the victim was paid $150 for the two-hour session at the Stung Meas Guesthouse in Stung Meanchey commune.

“After the victim had sex with the man, the accused deducted $50 as commission from her,” Judge Vandy said.

He said that on August 16 last year, Ms Sreyti and Ms Putheakminea brought the victim to have sex with a Chinese man for $200 in Daun Penh district.

Judge Vandy said that the Chinese man paid the accused $100 in commission and the victim also gave them $50 later.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/573681/mom ... ocurement/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Mom and daughter jailed for trafficking minor
5 March 2019
Phnom Penh Municipal Court yesterday sentenced a woman and her daughter to seven years and three-and-a-half years in jail respectively for trafficking an underage girl to have sex with two wealthy men in the capital last year.

Presiding Judge Kor Vandy identified them as Yim Sreyti, 36, a laundrywoman living in Dangkor district, and Yim Putheakminea, 15, a student.

He noted that Ms Sreyti was sentenced to seven years and Ms Putheakminea to three years and six months in jail.

Judge Vanday said that both were charged with acts of intentional violence with aggravating circumstances.

He said that on July 15 last year, the two persuaded Ms Putheakminea’s 14-year-old friend to have sex with a 50-year-old Cambodian man whom they charged $150 for a two- hour session at the Stung Meas Guesthouse in Stung Meanchey commune.

Both mother and daughter could not be contacted for comment on their sentences yesterday. However, Ms Sreyti denied the allegations during their trial last month. She told the court that she did not know that the victim had sex with wealthy men.

“She was staying with my daughter in my house after she said she had an argument with her mother and dared not stay at home,” she told the court. “But she only stayed with me at nights.”

“I did not know about her activities,” she added.

But Ms Putheakminea admitted committing the offence. She said that she came to know the victim via Facebook in 2016 and they became friends.

“She always chatted with me that she had a problem with her mother,” Ms Putheakminea told the court. “She also said she did not want depend on her mother who had a new husband and he always beat her.”

“She said that she wanted to make money to support herself and asked me to find wealthy men for her to sleep with for money,” she added.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50583839/m ... ing-minor/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

A 15 year old girl student sentenced to 3 and a half years in prison ?????? WTF is the law system aiming for,,, . Is this the way to empower women to have a better
education and a better future. Where is the slap on the hand and thumb print on a paper to not do it again.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic