Cycle Repair - or new bike...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cycle Repair - or new bike...

Post by explorer »

I may do something like this myself in the future.

I would be interested in a link to the site where you bought the electric kit.

How much did it cost for purchase and delivery?

Was there an additional charge at the Cambodian end?

Where do you get something like this sent to?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Well done Beaker. I'm one of those guys with 2 left hands when it comes to mechanical things, even putting together an IKEA table is a challenge so that's not for me but I'm impressed.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

explorer wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 pm I may do something like this myself in the future.

I would be interested in a link to the site where you bought the electric kit.

How much did it cost for purchase and delivery?

Was there an additional charge at the Cambodian end?

Where do you get something like this sent to?

Link ---> http://www.btn-ebike.com/index.asp

Also highly recommed this guy --->https://eunorauebike.aliexpress.com/sto ... 4c4dTNML13

No extra charges from customs. Motor Kit took only 2 days by DHL from the date of shipment. Battery considered hazardous had to be shipped by an alternative carrier and took 9 days.

I had it sent to my home.

invoice
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i can see these replacing the bicycle rickshaws,replace the box with seats :beer3:
IF they were more affordable
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Have you thought about theft. The first time you are not watching it, it may go for a ride without you.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

explorer wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:03 am Have you thought about theft. The first time you are not watching it, it may go for a ride without you.
Yes, but decided it better to just make my own rather than steal from someone else and there are not that many ebikes in the country so I would have to wait too long.
The battery locks onto the bike with key lock so that would be hard to steal.
Unless the thief knows how to operate an ebike they won't be able to ride it away.
It is almost 3 times the weight of a standard bike so they won't carry it far.
I lock it too.
jimi hendrix
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

beaker wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:59 pm
beaker wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:22 am
one_dolla wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:06 am
beaker wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:40 pm
beaker wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:17 pm

Waiting for this stuff to come in the mail then I will begin :D

supposed to do 50 kph and go for 30 kilometers without any peddling farther of coarse with peddling

only 2 days to ship from china via DHL
interesting I know at least one person who might want this set up. Glad to read it has a braking system at those speeds !
It uses the bikes brakes but also has regenerative braking from the motor which is adjustable. The brake levers that come with it have a micro switches which cut the motor power when pressed. In my case I need to use alternative magnetic switches so that I can use my existing levers because they have built in shifters.
Here's an update. Got the battery yesterday so put it all together while the battery is charging. Took most of the afternoon to do but not hard at all. Took it out for a spin ran nice, quiet and smooth easily did 30km/hr. I need to dial in the controller settings. I still haven't got all the wires routed properly and tied down because the local hardware store was closed today.

Still need to sell my Honda Forza NSS250A if anyone is interested
Got the controller dialed in today. Now my top speed, in traffic, was 48.8kms/hr. I'm sure it will do 50 easy but too many in my way. Need to get a loud horn now 8)
jimi hendrix
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

How long can u go at above 30+ KMs/hr?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:25 pm How long can u go at above 30+ KMs/hr?
Should be able to do 50kms/hr for 30kms without a charge or pedaling. I'm waiting for a new Pedal Assist Sensor (PAS) with that I will be able to easily get a lot farther as there are 5 pedal assist modes where you can set the speed in each mode to match gears while pedaling. Could do it now by adjusting the thumb throttle and setting the cruise control and pedaling but with the PAS it will be much simpler right now I'm just using it around Ta Khmao and it's fun just hauling ass
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic