How to Get to Aeon 2

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: How to Get to Aeon 2

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Aeon 1 - Cambodian DL Machine, foreigners cannot use to renew or apply for.

Aeon 2...Foreigners can apply for and renew Cambodian Drivers License.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

kocdim wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:26 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:00 pm
kocdim wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:36 pm Yesterday I came in PP. They told me I need to go to Aeon 2 to get my driving license. I think this is Aeon 2 :
AEON MALL Sen Sok City, St. 1003, village Bayab, Commune/Sangkat Phnom Penh Thmey Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh
https://www.google.com/maps/place/AEON ... 04.885444

The problem is I'm staying at River side. How to get there to Aeon 2? And how much should I pay for a Tuk Tuk?? I'm near Sorya Mall .
Thanks
AFAIK the machine there is for Khmer only and extensions only. I had to go to the department of traffix for my license.

The discounts/coupons given for Grab expired yesterday.
Really?? I have read 3-4 post that Aeon 2 is the place for foreigners. I will give it a try tomorrow. If not I will go to department of traffic. Where is department of traffic located by the way?
Go ahead and try. Bring all the documents required like a residence permit, pictures, foreign license, etc. More info on the website of the department.

The department is pretty remote, about 4-5 km north of Tuol Kork. Their website says they will open at 7.30 but don't count on it. I Didn't see any staff before 8.30. But don't show up too late or you will be waiting behind 20-30 Chinese. If AEON 2 is an option for foreigners I will go there next year, the department isn't the nicest place to spend a few hours of your life.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:04 pm
kocdim wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:26 pm
kocdim wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:36 pm Yesterday I came in PP. They told me I need to go to Aeon 2 to get my driving license. I think this is Aeon 2 :
AEON MALL Sen Sok City, St. 1003, village Bayab, Commune/Sangkat Phnom Penh Thmey Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh

The problem is I'm staying at River side. How to get there to Aeon 2? And how much should I pay for a Tuk Tuk?? I'm near Sorya Mall .
Thanks
AFAIK the machine there is for Khmer only and extensions only. I had to go to the department of traffix for my license.

Really?? I have read 3-4 post that Aeon 2 is the place for foreigners. I will give it a try tomorrow. If not I will go to department of traffic. Where is department of traffic located by the way?
Go ahead and try. Bring all the documents required like a residence permit, pictures, foreign license, etc. More info on the website of the department.

The department is pretty remote, about 4-5 km north of Tuol Kork. Their website says they will open at 7.30 but don't count on it. I Didn't see any staff before 8.30. But don't show up too late or you will be waiting behind 20-30 Chinese. If AEON 2 is an option for foreigners I will go there next year, the department isn't the nicest place to spend a few hours of your life.
You dont have exact address or google map link?? Sometimes the tuk tuk doesnt know the place.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%E1%9 ... 04.8872402

Or type 'General Department Of Public Work and Transport' in you app.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Thanks

Sorry. JG60 for taxi & GO30 for tuktuk

Should work for this week. 2 rides each day

Also WETFREE still works for your second ride of the day
canabodia
Expatriate
Canada

Post by canabodia »

Techfair grab code is good for 12000r off first 4 rides.
I just did the license at Aeon 2. It's on 3rd floor and pretty quick to do. It's closer to the Aeon supermarket side. This was for a new license, not renewal.

Sent using Tapatalk

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

canabodia wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:25 am Techfair grab code is good for 12000r off first 4 rides.
I just did the license at Aeon 2. It's on 3rd floor and pretty quick to do. It's closer to the Aeon supermarket side. This was for a new license, not renewal.

Sent using Tapatalk
Is this a new one year license where you surrender your home country one?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
canabodia
Expatriate
Canada

Post by canabodia »

No need to surrender your home country one. It's a 1 year but they just need your home one to look at and photo copy of you didn't bring a photocopy of the biggest front and back. Also need your passport. Bring some smaller bills in USD or about 40,000 reil.

Sent using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic