Where would you rather retire?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Where would you rather retire?

Post by frank lee bent »

Nepal and some parts of India may be good places to spend time as a retiree.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I hope to spent a lot of time in Cambodia for many years to come, mainly because I can make a positive contribution. Like assisting students from poor families get a good education. Even just talking to students learning English, gives them practice. I have a lot of Cambodian friends. I can exercise when I want to, relax when I want to, travel to different parts of Cambodia, and have a lot of fun.

If I went to a country with a different language, it may take years to get to a point where I can speak it well. Speaking the language, gives you a different experience.

When I no longer travel, due to either health or financial reasons, I will probably stay in Australia.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Goa looks very good, quality medical facilities, great beaches, euro/indian culture, good nightlife and a low cost of living. The biggest complaints I have read about are the quality of internet speed and that it is not "real" India. I suppose one could always move further inland. I understand that a budget of 1000USD will give a single man a very nice lifestyle with 350USD going to rental of a small house with western kitchen and bath and a rented scooter.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Sri Lanka. Ecuador.
Cambodia is not so cheap if you are not a USD recipient...... even so.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

My apologies to you General; I was just trying to help an old pedantic boy. scout across the street.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:26 am Nepal and some parts of India may be good places to spend time as a retiree.
Nepalese extremely money-grubbing.
Indians constanty playing tricks to cheat you.

I'll leave the subcontinent to others.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic