How does one qualify for a Retirement visa?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

How does one qualify for a Retirement visa?

Post by michael.stewart1 »

I understand they have a retirement visa for Cambodia and I am curious about how to qualify. I am 40, I have an income of 1100 per month from a verifiable source, I do not have an infectious disease that I am aware of and I do not really have any interest to work in Cambodia. I am curious as there is very little information about requirements. I know my age is not retirement age.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: How does one qualify for a Retirement visa?

Post by LaudJohn »

AFAIK, the ONLY requirement or qualification for a retirement visa at the moment is to be aged 55 or older.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

1. Obtain the E-type (Ordinary) Visa on arrival or in advance, $35, valid for 1 month.

2. At least 1 week prior to expiry date apply for the ER (Retirement) EOS (Extension of Stay) via an agency. 1,3,6,12 mth ER EOS options are available.

- if you are 55+ you will not need to provide supporting documentation.

- if you are under 55 you will need to submit supporting documentation

Supporting documentation if under 55;

- Evidence of Pension, Disability pension, etc from your home country. Notarized by your Embassy.

If you don't have this, then...

- write a statuatory declaration declaring that you don't work/don't intend to work as you receive a monthly income via whatever means/ have sufficient funds to support yourself financially.

- Back this up with evidence of monthly income/savings (bank statements, etc)

- provide as much evidence as possible...it is up to YOU to convince the DoI that you are eligible for the ER EOS
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

What are the advantages of a retirement visa over the standard extension visa?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

chiltern wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:34 pm What are the advantages of a retirement visa over the standard extension visa?
"Standard extension" no longer exists and you are now either working, looking for work, retired or living elsewhere, unless you study, which you don't, or you're married to a government official, and you're not.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

PSD-Kiwi has given you the best advice. I managed to live beond, way beyond in fact minimum retirement age. I ate lots of fatty meat, smoked 1.5/packs of ciggies per day and worked my ass off. Apparently this doesn't work for everyone and is not relevant to your situation.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

michael.stewart1 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:19 pm I understand they have a retirement visa for Cambodia and I am curious about how to qualify. I am 40, I have an income of 1100 per month from a verifiable source, I do not have an infectious disease that I am aware of and I do not really have any interest to work in Cambodia. I am curious as there is very little information about requirements. I know my age is not retirement age.

charlie
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I am 48 and I got an ER by submitting the following to "Ya" at CTS travel at 136 and Riverside:

1) Proof of automatic monthly deposit to my brokerage account
2) US-notarized Letter from my last employer saying that I qualified for, and receive, a monthly settlement from them (no amount necessary in that letter).
3) $365 in USD ($295 for the visa and $70 for "rush" service, which took about five business days).

I also recommend -- if no one else has already -- that you join the Facebook group on this subject. It's called "Cambodia Visa and Work Permit Group" and it's moderated by some of the heaviest hitters in the independent-expat community here, including Lina Goldberg (author of "Move to Cambodia").

Cheers and good luck.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

=@ OR. just listen to PSD-Kiwi he is never wrong. =@
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

"heaviest hitters in the independent-expat community' Sounds like some important folks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic