Police Clearance Check for Teaching English in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Skyliner32
Tourist
Ireland

Police Clearance Check for Teaching English in Cambodia

Post by Skyliner32 »

Hi all,

Planning to move to Cambodia to teach English in early 2019. Just wondering if my 2 convictions for possession of cannabis would make getting a job difficult or is it nothing to worry about?

They were both over 15 years ago and for tiny amounts if it makes any difference.

I would imagine it's for violence or paedophilea they are checking for???

Anyway let me know your thoughts please 😊
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Police clearance check for Teaching

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Unfortunately, most schools in Cambodia don't require CRB's/Police Clearances from their teachers. Only the reputable International schools do.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Skyliner32 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:15 am Hi all,

Planning to move to Cambodia to teach English in early 2019. Just wondering if my 2 convictions for possession of cannabis would make getting a job difficult or is it nothing to worry about?
The convictions for possession of cannabis may not make getting a job difficult, but you'll need a longer criminal record than that if you want to fit in with the Phnom Penh expat community.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:53 am

The convictions for possession of cannabis may not make getting a job difficult, but you'll need a longer criminal record than that if you want to fit in with the Phnom Penh expat community.
He will need at least 1 shirtless brawl on 136 to even be considered for membership
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Re: Police Clearance Check for Teaching English in Cambodia

Post by michael.stewart1 »

They were both over 15 years ago and for tiny amounts if it makes any difference.

I would imagine it's for violence or paedophilea they are checking for???

Anyway let me know your thoughts please 😊
If you show up to class sober you are already a star teacher in Cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic