Can anyone explain this weird shyte to me?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Can anyone explain this weird shyte to me?

Post by Artful Dodger »

On this website - https://www.businessforsale.com/search/ ... e-cambodia , I found a couple of (face value) decent businesses for sale. I did a reverse image search of the photos on the adds and discovered the business's in question, of their own website. I in turn contacted the business owners directly about prospective sale.
Lo and behold all of those I emailed said their business was not for sale.

What is going on here?
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Can anyone explain this weird shyte to me?

Post by prahocalypse now »

Could it be scammers, possibly Nigerians, who advertise other people's businesses for sale and then try to get potential buyers to wire them a deposit?

I've seen ads before where Nigerians advertise apartments they don't own for rent and ask for a bond, first month's rent etc. to secure a lease.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:26 am Could it be scammers, possibly Nigerians, who advertise other people's businesses for sale and then try to get potential buyers to wire them a deposit?

I've seen ads before where Nigerians advertise apartments they don't own for rent and ask for a bond, first month's rent etc. to secure a lease.
I am at a loss. My understanding is that website/agency is 100% legitimate...... so how is it that a place of business can be advertised for sale through that broker , when it is not for sale at all.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

You'll see on that businessforsale.com website that some ads say they have verified the seller. Others don't, meaning it could be anyone advertising the business for sale. The website might be legit, but not all the 'sellers'.

You could try and contact the 'business owner' using the businessforsale.com website and see if you get a different answer to when you contacted the real owner directly via the business's website.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Maybe they are using the images to create volume and would tell you it's already sold if you asked about it. Have you asked the third party about any of them (as though you are an interested buyer, rather than as a 'what's going on here' enquirer)
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

One of the businesses I encountered... I contacted owner. He claims he has never heard of that site. Looking at the add.... it was if it were genuine. Had accurate details of lease, costs, staff etc... In talking with the owner, he claimed ignorance not even knowing the site but agreed after viewing the site, the facts and figures quoted were correct. He said he would email the site and ask for a please explain.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Artful Dodger wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:58 am One of the businesses I encountered... I contacted owner. He claims he has never heard of that site. Looking at the add.... it was if it were genuine. Had accurate details of lease, costs, staff etc... In talking with the owner, he claimed ignorance not even knowing the site but agreed after viewing the site, the facts and figures quoted were correct. He said he would email the site and ask for a please explain.
If this was responding to my post, you missed my point
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

violet wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:21 am
Artful Dodger wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:58 am One of the businesses I encountered... I contacted owner. He claims he has never heard of that site. Looking at the add.... it was if it were genuine. Had accurate details of lease, costs, staff etc... In talking with the owner, he claimed ignorance not even knowing the site but agreed after viewing the site, the facts and figures quoted were correct. He said he would email the site and ask for a please explain.
If this was responding to my post, you missed my point

No... I am not missing your point. I am finding it really weird to see accurate information while the owner denies all knowledge.One of the two are telling lies.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Artful Dodger wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:33 am One of the two are telling lies.
Gasp.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic