New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

When we all like to come out and play...
Bars, clubs and pubs oh my!
User avatar
bucknaked
Expatriate
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:37 am
Reputation: 35
Australia

Re: New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

Post by bucknaked » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:20 pm

was back there In November, stayed as usual in Otres I then II, still an awesome place, thinking maybe 1 more year in it? From talking to some bar and hut owners it seems as leases are finishing these places will close down, some will survive though surely, bars and huts on the beach don't appeal to 95% of the Chinese so there has to be something left there

yeah the trip into Serendipity isn't fun, by scooters we ate dust the whole way the roads have really gotten worse and i didn't think that was possible
I was kinda glad to see its still a dirt road up the middle of Otres though, I did read they were going to concrete it which wouldn't be the same
ImageImageImageImage
Even the ugly ones
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13679
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1880
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:22 pm

ozguyinshv wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:11 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:50 pm
clutchcargo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 pm
m845dy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:07 am
Breaks my heart. Used to love Sihanoukville. So laid back and fun. Last time there was last April and it changed for the worse.
Same. It was a great place to get away from PP for a break. Never go back there now. Loved it out at Otres so relaxing and peaceful..warm sea..nice beaches. Now they're building monstrosities there..
i was in SHV for a week over Xmas, didnt make it to Otres once, the road to Otres is completely fucked
you weren't missing much.Otres sux now
only wanted to visit the Wat to be fair, dont give a fuck about hippy town
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13679
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1880
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:25 pm

bucknaked wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:20 pm
I was kinda glad to see its still a dirt road up the middle of Otres though, I did read they were going to concrete it which wouldn't be the same
yup theyve also concreted the whole of the Chicken Farm now and its lost its old Rustic feel that made it a fun place to go drink etc
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
bucknaked
Expatriate
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:37 am
Reputation: 35
Australia

Re: New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

Post by bucknaked » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 pm

not being a smart arse but what's the Wat?
i've missed out on something?

the beach is the appeal, Kampot was nice but missed the beaches of Otres
Even the ugly ones
davegorman
BANNED
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 am
Reputation: 219
France

Re: New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

Post by davegorman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:04 pm

bucknaked wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 pm
not being a smart arse but what's the Wat?
i've missed out on something?

the beach is the appeal, Kampot was nice but missed the beaches of Otres
I think he means Otres Pagoda.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13679
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1880
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:10 am

davegorman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:04 pm
bucknaked wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 pm
not being a smart arse but what's the Wat?
i've missed out on something?

the beach is the appeal, Kampot was nice but missed the beaches of Otres
I think he means Otres Pagoda.
na i mean Wat Otres, Pagodas are different to Wats

famous Wats in Thailand being Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Wat Rong Khun, Wat Suthat, Wat Arun, and in Cambodia you got Angkor Wat, Wat Phnom etc etc

Pagodas are the more Chinese styled multi storied buildings/shrines

but yeah, i meant the temple :D :D
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
bucknaked
Expatriate
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:37 am
Reputation: 35
Australia

Re: New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

Post by bucknaked » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:58 am

this...Image
Even the ugly ones
davegorman
BANNED
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 am
Reputation: 219
France

Re: New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

Post by davegorman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:52 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:10 am
davegorman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:04 pm
bucknaked wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 pm
not being a smart arse but what's the Wat?
i've missed out on something?

the beach is the appeal, Kampot was nice but missed the beaches of Otres
I think he means Otres Pagoda.
na i mean Wat Otres, Pagodas are different to Wats

famous Wats in Thailand being Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Wat Rong Khun, Wat Suthat, Wat Arun, and in Cambodia you got Angkor Wat, Wat Phnom etc etc

Pagodas are the more Chinese styled multi storied buildings/shrines

but yeah, i meant the temple :D :D
So where is the temple at?
Strictly speaking Wat Krom and Wat Ream are temples but Otres is called Otres Pagoda but there’s still a Wat there I believe.

There’s a huge beautiful one at my wife’s province. Stunning.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13679
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1880
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:06 am

davegorman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:52 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:10 am
davegorman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:04 pm
bucknaked wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 pm
not being a smart arse but what's the Wat?
i've missed out on something?

the beach is the appeal, Kampot was nice but missed the beaches of Otres
I think he means Otres Pagoda.
na i mean Wat Otres, Pagodas are different to Wats

famous Wats in Thailand being Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Wat Rong Khun, Wat Suthat, Wat Arun, and in Cambodia you got Angkor Wat, Wat Phnom etc etc

Pagodas are the more Chinese styled multi storied buildings/shrines

but yeah, i meant the temple :D :D
So where is the temple at?
Strictly speaking Wat Krom and Wat Ream are temples but Otres is called Otres Pagoda but there’s still a Wat there I believe.

There’s a huge beautiful one at my wife’s province. Stunning.
wrong mate, its called Wat Otres វត្តអូត្រេះ
the word Pagoda is not a Khmer word, Khmers call a Temple/Pagoda a Wat, its name is Wat Otres, Otres Pagoda is probably some bastardized foreign way of saying it :thumb:

its the temple a couple of Km behind Otres 2
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
davegorman
BANNED
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 am
Reputation: 219
France

Re: New (Girly) Bars in Sihanoukville

Post by davegorman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:22 am

Best tell Google maps then. Mate.
Oh and it’s Oh Treh if you’re being pedantic, so says Google!

Oh and my wife and all her family say “Pagoda” when we ask where they are going, again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests