Fortnite (game) updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Fortnite (game) updates

Post by StroppyChops »

Anyone else who plays Fortnite finding that's it's doing half-gig updates almost daily?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Fortnite (game) updates

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Yeah been annoying lately.

The did an update as normal (patch5.2 I think) which was full of bugs and spent the last 2 days trying to fix it. Seems yesterday’s update created more bugs and they believe today’s has fixed all the issues.

Will wait and see if we get another one tomorrrow.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

It seems like every time I've sat down for a game in the last week it needs to run a full update first... ah well, it IS the free version.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

StroppyChops wrote:It seems like every time I've sat down for a game in the last week it needs to run a full update first... ah well, it IS the free version.
For sure. Every time I feel like bitching about it I have to remind myself it’s free. It’s actually a really decent game for free as well.

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:59 pm
StroppyChops wrote:It seems like every time I've sat down for a game in the last week it needs to run a full update first... ah well, it IS the free version.
For sure. Every time I feel like bitching about it I have to remind myself it’s free. It’s actually a really decent game for free as well.
I used to play Team Fortress II in VR, this is on par with that, easily. What I like is that the paid version doesn't give you any game advantage, just bling.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

StroppyChops wrote:
I used to play Team Fortress II in VR, this is on par with that, easily. What I like is that the paid version doesn't give you any game advantage, just bling.
Yup.

What platform are you on? I’m playing on PS4
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
Yup.

PC
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

StroppyChops wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
Yup.

PC
No update today and weekly challenges have just dropped. Fuck... going to have to do a bit of farming in the next couple of days.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 am
StroppyChops wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

Yup.

PC
No update today and weekly challenges have just dropped. Fuck... going to have to do a bit of farming in the next couple of days.
Sid Meier's Civilization is my fallback game so when Fortnite decides it's time for another 500Mb download I fire up Civ while I wait, but then I get caught up with the Civ game and kill Fortnite when it's updated. I'm sure the updates are warranted, but when they are too big and too frequent they are counterproductive to Epic Games in that respect.

How did you go with the weekly challenge (kills with different weapons) - I could only clear one, and got a 1/5 with another, and that was in 50v50 squads.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 am have to do a bit of farming in the next couple of days.
This is what made me give up online gaming all together. Loot boxes, pay to win and whatever creative method they have to make it feel like a job.

I miss Q3 and CS 1.5-1.6 pre Steam. de_dust and Q3DM17 for life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic