Fortnite (game) updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Fortnite (game) updates

Post by kiwiincambodia »

StroppyChops wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 am
StroppyChops wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 pm
StroppyChops wrote: I used to play Team Fortress II in VR, this is on par with that, easily. What I like is that the paid version doesn't give you any game advantage, just bling.
Yup.

What platform are you on? I’m playing on PS4
PC
No update today and weekly challenges have just dropped. Fuck... going to have to do a bit of farming in the next couple of days.
How did you go with the weekly challenge (kills with different weapons) - I could only clear one, and got a 1/5 with another, and that was in 50v50 squads.
I just kept grinding until I had it. Didn’t take too long. The pistol eliminations were the worst.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

fax wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 am have to do a bit of farming in the next couple of days.
This is what made me give up online gaming all together. Loot boxes, pay to win and whatever creative method they have to make it feel like a job.

I miss Q3 and CS 1.5-1.6 pre Steam. de_dust and Q3DM17 for life.
Honestly that’s what I like about fortnite. They don’t really have loot boxes ( there’s chests in the game but these are available to everyone if you can find them) or pay to win options. You can buy skins and gear but it has no actual outcome on your gameplay ability.

By farming I mean, in fortnite you can build structures to hide in, build staircases to access higher ground or build things to block people shooting you so easily. One of the challenges is farming 3000 pieces. Won’t take too long as normally you collect a bit during normal game play but I like to finish the challenges early in the week and they prey on the stragglers and get some easy kills.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:36 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Yup.

What platform are you on? I’m playing on PS4
PC
No update today and weekly challenges have just dropped. Fuck... going to have to do a bit of farming in the next couple of days.
How did you go with the weekly challenge (kills with different weapons) - I could only clear one, and got a 1/5 with another, and that was in 50v50 squads.
I just kept grinding until I had it. Didn’t take too long. The pistol eliminations were the worst.
Yeah, I had no chance at the pistol eliminations. Also, not being able to play because of consecutive updates didn't help! That, and the fact that I'm still a n00b and pretty much fodder at the moment. Getting there.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

StroppyChops wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
StroppyChops wrote: PC
Yeah, I had no chance at the pistol eliminations. Also, not being able to play because of consecutive updates didn't help! That, and the fact that I'm still a n00b and pretty much fodder at the moment. Getting there.
Damn. I wish I still had to complete the sniper challenge. I just found the new heavy sniper rifle to play with. 6 kills in a couple of minutes. Bullets go through structures easily to snipe people too. LOL
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:23 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

Damn. I wish I still had to complete the sniper challenge. I just found the new heavy sniper rifle to play with. 6 kills in a couple of minutes. Bullets go through structures easily to snipe people too. LOL
Nice.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

StroppyChops wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

You do realize that these sorts of games are the precursor to going live with real guns, don't you?
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Username Taken wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
StroppyChops wrote: How did you go with the weekly challenge (kills with different weapons) - I could only clear one, and got a 1/5 with another, and that was in 50v50 squads.

You do realize that these sorts of games are the precursor to going live with real guns, don't you?
I thought that only applied to ‘Mericans
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:53 pm
Username Taken wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

I thought that only applied to ‘Mericans
What he said.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Another day another bug.

Rifts have been disabled due to a bug found. In saying that I’ve found a few still scattered on the map today and they still work. I guess we can expect another update tomorrow.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:01 pm Another day another bug.

Rifts have been disabled due to a bug found. In saying that I’ve found a few still scattered on the map today and they still work. I guess we can expect another update tomorrow.
In one of my first games of Fortnite, I was playing squads of 4 and listening to the chatter of my three English team-mates. They hadn't registered that I was a n00b and were giving instructions that a) I had no idea where instructions and b) had no idea what they were talking about, once I'd registered they were talking to me. Apparently they wanted me to jump in a rift with them...

An American lass had seen my handle (same as my username here) and decided the shortened version was Chaarp, Chaarp - so the others just followed her lead. Once I realised they were talking to me, things were a little clearer. I really should get a headset!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic