Replacement for Video DownloadHelper ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Replacement for Video DownloadHelper ?

Post by phuketrichard »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:13 pm
Sidewalker wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 pm In Firefox go to Options > add-ons and use the search option, there are 2,771 YouTube downloaders.
You went to so much trouble to find how many there are. Thanks.

Care to recommend one?
i use;
Video DownloadHelper
Version 7.3.5
Browser locale: en-US
Production build
Built on Wed Aug 01 2018 16:23:45 GMT+0200 (CEST)
Build options: browser=firefox
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I didn’t realize so many people download videos from YouTube...

What’s the point behind it? Save on internet costs? If you want to watch the video again why not just stream it again?
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Be very careful with downloading software from torrents sites or other P2P networks. Many times they contain viruses or malware.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:36 am I didn’t realize so many people download videos from YouTube... ImageImage

What’s the point behind it? Save on internet costs? If you want to watch the video again why not just stream it again?
I save/collect music videos and put them into Kodi. Then put it on random play (party mode).

Sometimes I download a documentary that I want to watch later, or keep for posterity.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:36 am I didn’t realize so many people download videos from YouTube... ImageImage

i only use it to download all my Khmer music into MP3
i did use it a few years ago to download all my favourite boxing fights to watch during the SHV powercuts lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
j_s_r
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by j_s_r »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:40 pm

i did use it a few years ago to download all my favourite boxing fights to watch during the SHV powercuts lol
This! When the internet goes off or I'm in the village with no internet. Can't be away from a screen for too long, I get twitchy!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

j_s_r wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:36 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:40 pm

This! When the internet goes off or I'm in the village with no internet. Can't be away from a screen for too long, I get twitchy!
yeah its either that, or i go out drinking, so i needed something to keep me entertained on my 'nights off' :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic