jumping through the immigration hoops

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: jumping through the immigration hoops

Post by bvanfossen »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:55 am I'm going to try and find an agent to extend the visa this morning, hopefully sort he account this evening.
I hired an agent to do this exact thing yesterday. I was told I had the option to extend it for 3 months for $90 and 6 months for $180 ( including the commission)

If you continue to have an issue message me and I'll forward contact info.

I went with 3 months in hope I'll be working by then and my job will cover the visa.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Well, I found somewhere to sort the visa. The new problem being that the visa won't be back before I head to Europe. They are quoting a return after the 27th. 10 working days.
So that seems to be a non starter.
At least I know where to go next time
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by AdvisorExpertTravel »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 pm Image
Do we get a discount through this forum ?
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

Freightdog wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:55 am I'm going to try and find an agent to extend the visa this morning, hopefully sort he account this evening.

hello, can you tell me where to go please ?

thanks.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

unfortunately I was not, as I would need the passport to leave in a few days time, unless I paid $85 express fee, which makes it financially silly. So i'll do it next time through in September.
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

Freightdog wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:37 pm unfortunately I was not, as I would need the passport to leave in a few days time, unless I paid $85 express fee, which makes it financially silly. So i'll do it next time through in September.
so if you can tell me where to go I might try it before you :-)
Thank you if you can PM me the details (I don't know if its legal to publish here?)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

i'll try and get the name of the place in the next few days, but it's on the block on riverside, south of St136
j_s_r
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by j_s_r »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:19 am Try a different branch of ABA, it can be hit n miss. Or just wait until you've got a 6 mth EG EOS
I got one at ABA a few years back and they didn't even check my passport. Just asked for my name, contract for my home and some money to deposit! My friend went to the same ABA branch in Siem Reap and they required a 3-month visa. I guess it depends on who you speak to in the bank!
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

I was successful at Acleda - but luck of the draw prevails.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Sacombank sorted the bank account issue. All done in less than 45 minutes. 2 branches of ABA gave totally different reasons why they would provide an account for myself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic