CEO take note, lucky ur not in the EU

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

CEO take note, lucky ur not in the EU

Post by phuketrichard »

:thumb: :thumb:

Online photos can’t simply be re-published, EU court rules
Internet users must get photographer’s permission even if images were already freely accessible, says ECJ.

Internet users must ask for a photographer’s permission before publishing their images, even if the photos were already freely accessible elsewhere online, the European Court of Justice ruled Tuesday.

“The posting on a website of a photograph that was freely accessible on another website with the consent of the author requires a new authorisation by that author,” the EU’s top court said in a statement.
https://www.politico.eu/article/ecj-pho ... on-ruling/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: CEO take note, lucky ur not in the EU

Post by yong »

Luckily photos I posted mostly my own photos
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

More EU bullshit, can see them trying to enforce it, millions of photos everyday copied and pasted online ? :please:

charlie
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

The photo is on the internet..where anybody can find it...but we're not allowed to post it?

Morons.

People who get paid way too much to produce documents that are illegible to most except the paper-factory bureaucrats.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"CEO take note, lucky ur not in the EU"

I don't think it matters if you're in EU or not. They can still have your website blocked. [You do realize that there are some khmer sites that we can't access in Cambodia, don't you? Same in Thailand.)
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

So you guys think it's ok to steal someone's work and stick it up on your own website to make some money off the back of it? This is copyright law.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:22 pm So you guys think it's ok to steal someone's work and stick it up on your own website to make some money off the back of it? This is copyright law.
Is your avatar your own photographic work? Or do you have permission from the owner?
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

making money from somebodys work is another thing and i agree is wrong. This stupid law means all the memes on here are illegal, or at least on a site in europe

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Username Taken wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:29 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:22 pm So you guys think it's ok to steal someone's work and stick it up on your own website to make some money off the back of it? This is copyright law.
Is your avatar your own photographic work? Or do you have permission from the owner?
exactly the point i was making.

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

My Avatar was a photo i took of an instillation at an art event in london, i did not pay the artist for taking a photo of his installation, however were i to try to make money with it then ,,,,, cue lawyers

charlie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic