Weird stuff you do that you think others do not...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Weird stuff you do that you think others do not...

Post by StroppyChops »

AE86 wrote:I've heard that coffee grinds (wet) are toxic to ants, but they supposedly take the grinds as food to their "hive" and it kills them. At least that's what I've heard, but I've never tried it. Just lots of raid and ant bait.
We've recently discovered that the odourless version of Shieldtox kills them in their tracks and makes the others rethink their naughty ways for an hour or two, but the odourous version just pushes their party buttons and makes them more determined. Others tell me I should lay down barriers of talcum powder, but I think it would send the wrong message to put lines of white powder that long all the way around the apartment block. They'd only parachute in anyway. Bastards.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

You've got to follow the line of ants and see where they are coming from and going to, and spray it in their holes.

A little tricky, but doable. (You may need a magnifying glass).

:beer3:
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Hey the best way to fuck ants up is by leaving food particles lying around which weigh 51 times their own weight.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote:You've got to follow the line of ants and see where they are coming from and going to, and spray it in their holes.

A little tricky, but doable. (You may need a magnifying glass).

:beer3:
Unfortunately they clench.
Garry.Crabtree wrote:Hey the best way to fuck ants up is by leaving food particles lying around which weigh 51 times their own weight.
You, sir, are a genius.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:Hey the best way to fuck ants up is by leaving food particles lying around which weigh 51 times their own weight.
This doesn't work because they break it down and 50 ants carry each piece.

I know this because sometimes I sit and watch the ants carry things up the bathroom wall. One time I watched for at least an hour while they dissected a huge dead cockroach and hauled it up the wall. A bit like watching some ETs with superhuman strength building the pyramids.

Anyway, it was more interesting than whatever was on TV that night. :popcorn:
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

wackyjacky wrote:Listerine is so fucking expensive here, I've taken to hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash.
you can dilute it 50% for that ya know...
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

Francis wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Francis wrote:I flush everything down the toilet. Easier.
I stopped that the day I had to clean out some noodle soup by hand
:ROFL2: Ohhhh, how delicious, but well, that happens......you got to take care of that shit hole.....then it flushes perfectly. From time to time 3 liters of boiling water mixed with "Bathroom Duck" and washing powder in combination with THIS thing

works miracles.
these are ALL things you are warned NOT TO DO when using acid drain cleaner. TOILET, NO! hot water NO, and plunger. Yer wanting someone to have an acid hot water reactions spattering up outta the toilet as they bend over it with a plunger? Jesus. I THOUGHT you was a nice guy.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

General Mackevili wrote:Image
please tell me you got her contact info :evil:
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

Thank y'all very much. I don't feel so weird now :)
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Haha. Image
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic