Do you know any expat clubs in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Do you know any expat clubs in Phnom Penh?

Post by britscienceteacher »

Brody wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:51 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 am Have you got Facebook? I just typed in "club phnom penh" and here are some of the results...
Kiwi, what about this topic got you all motivated?

I haven't seen you on a posting splurge like this in a while...and when you were, it usually involved explaining EOS vs Visa for the umpteenth time.

Our own PSD-Kiwi: his trigger topics are social clubs and Cambodian bureaucracy. ;-)
Thanks PSD-Kiwi. I'd call it PSD-Kiwi's philanthropy Brody. A natural inclination to help somebody who's not as wise as you. And a general forgiveness too. I figured from UserNameTaken's wit (he made me laugh) that pedestrian normality is not appreciated (it bores people here) and that there aren't many grannies around PP to invite me for tea and scones. I'm learning (but science teachers can be a bit slow when it's not printed)

Admittedly I have ignored FB for more than a decade but I'm starting to dip my toe in the water now (on PSD-Kiwi's advice), as it does look really useful.

As for all the interest perhaps people like to see a bit of action. Hunter S. Thompson tried telling The Hell's Angels children's stories - so they taught him what it was all about (the beat the crap out of him), and his writing improved no end.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Have you thought about becoming a monk?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

As in deep-friar?
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

The 'Hate Speech Troll' Rides Again

Post by britscienceteacher »

- I don't believe 'That Hate Speech Troll' is a European. No Europeans I know advocate a vigilante death penalty for theft (with real murder victims reported in the news). Anybody can post a picture of a blonde European woman as their avatar. How misleading. Read for yourself:

Re: Chinese Women in Lexus Track Down Phone Thieves on Scoopy & Run Them Over

Post by that genius » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:16 am
How do I contact these babes to buy them a drink?

Post by Felgerkarb » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:30 pm
Khmer Facebook news feed says one of the perps has now died.

Full thread: newsworthy/chinese-women-lexus-phnom-pe ... 12-10.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic