Do you know any expat clubs in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Do you know any expat clubs in Phnom Penh?

Post by britscienceteacher »

Haha, let me know some that you don't want to join :)
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

britscienceteacher wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:51 pm I'm not easily offended even when people ... suggest I join a suicide club (see above).
Nobody suggested you join a suicide club.

I said I'd like to see one opened in Phnom Penh.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Start your own Glee Club. Lots of happy, happy, joy, joy types to share advice with. Get on Facebook. Make it happen. Tea and scones would be nice.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by britscienceteacher »

Well at least golf's a bit better than Nobody's suggestion and whoever wants to see his club opened... it does look nice. :)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Hey, you could join CEO's very own VIP Nightlife

It's a social club...of sorts. You need to have made 100 meaningful posts and be recommended by a stalwart CEO member in good standing...and no, I won't be vouching for you.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Le Club Foot is rapidly closing down
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

britscienceteacher wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:27 pm If you can tell me some social or sports clubs in PP where Westerners go I'll agree with you completely. I'll even vote for you and give you a character reference. We can be friends.....
Again...Hash House Harriers.

There is also a few other running clubs that involve social get together, one of which is called Running Bongs (iirc).

There are sports groups like dodge-ball, rugby, football, touch rugby, etc...but judging by your posts I doubt those are the sort of clubs you're looking for.

Many people who aren't business owners also attend Britcham events.

There's the Cambodian Country Club...but probably not really affordable for someone teaching in Cambodia (No offense to teachers, you guys provide a great service to our next generation).

We're all just trying to help you out. There aren't really any "social or sports clubs" like you might have back in your country.

Oh...there's also an AA group, I wouldn't consider that a club though.

There's also a baking club, but that seems to be mostly for unemployed housewives of foreign diplomatic staff, probably not your cup of tea.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Do you know any expat clubs in PP?

Post by epidemiks »

britscienceteacher wrote:I don't go to bars, but sports clubs, social clubs anything else is good.
There are groups here for running, exercising, climbing, singing, acting, dancing, inventing, dressing up in leather suits, painting pictures, looking at pictures, playing guitar, leaning languages, listening to music, dancing about architecture, swimming, kicking balls, eating dumplings, riding horses, walking, creating things, cooking things, saving animals, eating animals, not eating animals, hitting things, wrestling people, taking photographs, etc. If you can't stand to join one because they're all a bit too stimulating for a chap 'in the slow lane', whatever that means, then I doubt we're going to be able to help you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic