Do you know any expat clubs in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Do you know any expat clubs in Phnom Penh?

Post by Arget »

you could join the cpp.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

that genius wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:00 pm There was a cabal around a long time ago, but it seems to have died
So did the Red Wine Club.

Shame, great idea really, many eager participants. What killed it was the complete tosser that ran it.
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by britscienceteacher »

I googled the Pattaya Flyer Club and found this:

https://thoughtsfromjas.com/tag/the-pat ... yers-club/

Is it an NGO worker thing (either way)?

Maybe sports clubs?
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

I do not think there is a "ex pats" bar /club in Phnom Penh. In my place I have a reasonable number of expats that come to my place, but the majority are tourists. If you go to Golden Sorya Mall, there you will find a contrast of expats that regularly hang out. Some are sex tourists... some are teachers... some are just simply retired and living happy and some are just dead shits living cheaply on cheap drugs.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:10 pm I'd like to see someone open a Phnom Penh branch of the Pattaya Flyers Club.
Most of those who try in PP generally fail, although there was a successful attempt a few months ago iirc?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Artful Dodger wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:26 pm In my place I have a reasonable number of expats that come to my place
What/where is your place?
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Topic reminder - special interest and social clubs in PP

Post by britscienceteacher »

Not interested in bars as I've said (this is the season to be jolly...). Any clubs that don't involve sex and drugs (that you know of)?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There is BritCham which I often see advertising regular functions, I don't know anything else about them, but here's their website... http://britchamcambodia.org/

...and as I previously mentioned, the Hash House Harriers which is a kind of sports/social club...just because there is drinking involved, doesn't mean you need to.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Maybe try InterNations?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:28 pm
prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:10 pm I'd like to see someone open a Phnom Penh branch of the Pattaya Flyers Club.
Most of those who try in PP generally fail, although there was a successful attempt a few months ago iirc?
You're probably thinking of that barang who topped himself by jumping from the balcony of his condo.

There was also a Korean who jumped from his window onto a tuktuk.

And at least one Chinaman who jumped to his death in Sihanoukville.

And I can think of a couple of English teachers who have successfully jumped to their deaths.

And what about that white chick who jumped from the roof of a hostel in Siem Reap? Did she die?

But you're right, the failure rate for foreigners who attempt to jump to their death in Cambodia is higher than in Thailand.

Is it because expats in Cambodia just can't do anything right?

Or maybe the quality of the concrete and bitumen is much higher in Thailand.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic