One Client in Serious Visa Trouble

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
violet
Expatriate

Re: One Client in Serious Visa Trouble

Post by violet »

Agreed. A bit harsh in some respects.

Still can't believe he paid that much... that's 400 day's overstay
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jack.R. wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:27 pm Anyway thanks for the inputs.
Fair comments.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Arget wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:31 pm No one likes to see a business employing locals fail but I would have thought he was aware of his visa conditions and done something about it prior to the expiry date.
I don't see a solution other than paying up and putting a case to immigration. Other than finding a good manager until he gets it sorted I have nothing to add. =@
Let me get this straight: the OP is supporting a businessman who has zero idea - or possibly is trying his luck - regarding local immigration rules. He has the dosh to start a business, but not to pay normal fees? And his angle on this is that if he fails, locals lose jobs? Give us a break. This kind of guy doesn't give a poop about locals, He's dodging laws even indigent TEFLers on $9/hour have to follow because he's trying to save money, right?

How about the locals who lose out because he doesn't pay fees which go into state coffers?

Zero sympathy.
Last edited by that genius on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Is that what I said?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I think I was quite clear that I was paraphrasing the OP.

I quoted you, which is what you said.

My comments/criticism are directed at the OP, not you. Maybe I should have written ' what his angle is', apologies.

Will try and edit.Done.
Last edited by that genius on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Does your client have a WP?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Where does Jack find these "clients" and why do they hire him to solve immigration problems after already paying exorbitant fees to other "fixers" to solve their immigration problems? And why doesn't Jack just say "I have no way to fix your immigration problems so I won't take your money like the other fixer did"?

The guy overstayed for three months and could have paid $1800 directly to immigration and instead said, "No, let me hire a series of fixers for $4,000 and counting to solve this"?
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:11 am Where does Jack find these "clients" and why do they hire him to solve immigration problems after already paying exorbitant fees to other "fixers" to solve their immigration problems? And why doesn't Jack just say "I have no way to fix your immigration problems so I won't take your money like the other fixer did"?

The guy overstayed for three months and could have paid $1800 directly to immigration and instead said, "No, let me hire a series of fixers for $4,000 and counting to solve this"?
Sounds like what Neddy did with his landlord dispute.
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

Something messy like this can only be fixed by a very high level contact. If neither he nor you has that, then it looks pretty grim.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I don't buy it, sorry.

Chinese guy starting a business, doesn't just go through normal procedures...then asks 'agent' who has to ask CEO denizens...nah.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic