American Pedophile MICHAEL J PEPE's Life Sentence for Cambodia Sex Crimes Overturned in California (UPDATED)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
violet
Expatriate

Re: American Pedophile MICHAEL J PEPE's Life Sentence for Cambodia Sex Crimes Overturned in California

Post by violet »

I don't know how lawyers can sleep at night when defending obvious crud
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: American Pedophile MICHAEL J PEPE's Life Sentence for Cambodia Sex Crimes Overturned in California

Post by Cam Nivag »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 pm Wow. What a fk up.
The decision was reversed on a technicality. So what happens next ? He gets to go free, struck off the child sex offenders list, can work with kids, can travel without notification ?
The USA can re-try him, but this time the judge has to allow him to present his "I raped this kids, but I wasn't traveling" defense to the jury.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

violet wrote:I don't know how lawyers can sleep at night when defending obvious crud
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

violet wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:18 pm I don't know how lawyers can sleep at night when defending obvious crud
They have large pillows stuffed with cash.

Just saw kiwi's post now, lol

God bless Murika, the land of the free paedos
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

that genius wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am God bless Murika, the land of the free paedos
The USA is one of the only countries in the world that prosecutes its citizens for child sex crimes committed abroad.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 am
that genius wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am God bless Murika, the land of the free paedos
The USA is one of the only countries in the world that prosecutes its citizens for child sex crimes committed abroad.
Don't bother...his opinions are impervious to facts.

I think your knee-jerk disdain and constant scurrilous comments mask a deep seated love of America, TG.

I think you once secretly yearned to emigrate, possibly, unconsciously, still do.

I think you tried in the past but your visa attempts were rebuffed by an overly insolent immigration official. Which to this day causes you an unquenchable rage, the target of which is that which you really love.

What did the bad American do to you TG?
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Cam Nivag wrote:
Do you mean the only country, or one of he few countries?

I thought UK also prosecuted foreign sex crimes.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

violet wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:18 pm I don't know how lawyers can sleep at night when defending obvious crud
What I don't understand is how cruds sleep at night.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
doug.kari
Tourist
United States of America

Post by doug.kari »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:09 pm When they were trying to arrest him here in 2006 he tried to crash through a police barrier and crashed and got caught up in barbed wire.
@John Bingham I'm the author of the LA Weekly stories about Michael Pepe. I'd like to hear more about what happened when he was arrested. Can you please get in touch with me? My first and last name at Yahoo
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 am
It also allows them to travel to Cambodia with a sex-offender record, yes?

Which do you think is the more effective method? Restrict their travelling to prevent it happening, or let them travel and prosecute them after the fact?

It's kind of rhetorical, btw.

Prosecution for further offences doesn't help the kids.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic