Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Specific for motorized transportation devices. Daelims included... barely.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 796
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by pczz »

I have been riding bikes for over 50 years and was an instructor many moons ago. I HATE antilock brreaking, especially in conditions like here. 2 reasons
1) its a bitch to fix if it goes wrong
2) you lose the ability to lock up the back wheel and get off in an emergency.
For novice drivers its handy as it lets you break almost as quickly as a skilled driver but only when it is working properly. i am not sure on the hnda but on kawasakis you used to be able to disable it
User avatar
beaker
Expatriate
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 am
Reputation: 179
Location: Ta Khmao
Cambodia

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by beaker »

pczz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:29 pm I have been riding bikes for over 50 years and was an instructor many moons ago. I HATE antilock brreaking, especially in conditions like here. 2 reasons
1) its a bitch to fix if it goes wrong
2) you lose the ability to lock up the back wheel and get off in an emergency.
For novice drivers its handy as it lets you break almost as quickly as a skilled driver but only when it is working properly. i am not sure on the hnda but on kawasakis you used to be able to disable it
I also have been riding for over 50 year. I had to jam on the brakes and lay this bike down when a kid walked out in the road with out looking no problem there can't think of another reason to lock up the rear tire as opposed to stopping in an emergency.
Not really much of a problem to working on these brakes they will give error codes for any problem and I have the service manual which is very thorough.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
davegorman
BANNED
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 am
Reputation: 219
France

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by davegorman »

“No hit, 99%”
User avatar
beaker
Expatriate
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 am
Reputation: 179
Location: Ta Khmao
Cambodia

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by beaker »

davegorman wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:36 pm “No hit, 99%”
no hit 100%
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
User avatar
nuzen
Expatriate
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:04 am
Reputation: 10
United States of America

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by nuzen »

In the USA, that model is called the Honda Reflex NSS250A. I have one now, a 2001, same model. I love it. I have the same ABS model too. It's more moto than is needed for everyday use in the Kingdom though. Longer wheel base and less maneuverable in city traffic than the 110 and 125 cc motos most everyone has. My daily ride was a Honda Wave 100 I bought new.
[/quote]

You may have a Reflex back home but you haven't ridden it here as what you say is not true. I use its K-modded speed as much the brakes to avoid sticky situations in the traffic. Also these bikes love to lean and with much wider tires it will take corners better than any wave. The disc brakes front and back with ABS are much better on wet road conditions. I have brakes hard in traffic where there are waves/dreams and they are sliding and can't stop as quickly even though the are lighter.
[/quote]

I have to agree with you there. AND, If I could, I'd buy your bike. It'd be a sweet ride there in the KOW. :)
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 796
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by pczz »

beaker wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:57 pm
pczz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:29 pm I have been riding bikes for over 50 years and was an instructor many moons ago. I HATE antilock brreaking, especially in conditions like here. 2 reasons
1) its a bitch to fix if it goes wrong
2) you lose the ability to lock up the back wheel and get off in an emergency.
For novice drivers its handy as it lets you break almost as quickly as a skilled driver but only when it is working properly. i am not sure on the hnda but on kawasakis you used to be able to disable it
I also have been riding for over 50 year. I had to jam on the brakes and lay this bike down when a kid walked out in the road with out looking no problem there can't think of another reason to lock up the rear tire as opposed to stopping in an emergency.
Not really much of a problem to working on these brakes they will give error codes for any problem and I have the service manual which is very thorough.
How did you lay it down with abs? For a controlled laydown you ned to lock the back brake only
User avatar
beaker
Expatriate
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 am
Reputation: 179
Location: Ta Khmao
Cambodia

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by beaker »

pczz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:05 pm
beaker wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:57 pm
pczz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:29 pm I have been riding bikes for over 50 years and was an instructor many moons ago. I HATE antilock brreaking, especially in conditions like here. 2 reasons
1) its a bitch to fix if it goes wrong
2) you lose the ability to lock up the back wheel and get off in an emergency.
For novice drivers its handy as it lets you break almost as quickly as a skilled driver but only when it is working properly. i am not sure on the hnda but on kawasakis you used to be able to disable it
I also have been riding for over 50 year. I had to jam on the brakes and lay this bike down when a kid walked out in the road with out looking no problem there can't think of another reason to lock up the rear tire as opposed to stopping in an emergency.
Not really much of a problem to working on these brakes they will give error codes for any problem and I have the service manual which is very thorough.
How did you lay it down with abs? For a controlled laydown you ned to lock the back brake only
I've been ridding for many years it all happened so fast it was just instinct, the kid was right there, just jammed on the brakes and laided it down. These brakes are pretty sophisticated and not that complicated not like old style ABS I think mine pulse 300 times/revolution.
Image
The brakes run through diagnostic every time it's started and even if the ABS go out the brakes still function just like a bike without ABS. The brakes are combined too so just by using the rear brake lever a portion of braking is also sent to the front brake. Also the bike has an engine cut off switch if the bike is tilted past a certain point and that also came into play so if the engine was shut down there would be no ABS, which probably aided in my laying it down, but like I said it all happened very quickly.

note to davegorman- there was just a small scratches to the fairing which covers the bike like a plastic bubble as I'm a person who likes rat rods I care about the mechanics more than cosmetics. Making it pretty here just make the thieves hungry
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 796
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by pczz »

beaker wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 pm
pczz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:05 pm
beaker wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:57 pm
pczz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:29 pm I have been riding bikes for over 50 years and was an instructor many moons ago. I HATE antilock brreaking, especially in conditions like here. 2 reasons
1) its a bitch to fix if it goes wrong
2) you lose the ability to lock up the back wheel and get off in an emergency.
For novice drivers its handy as it lets you break almost as quickly as a skilled driver but only when it is working properly. i am not sure on the hnda but on kawasakis you used to be able to disable it
I also have been riding for over 50 year. I had to jam on the brakes and lay this bike down when a kid walked out in the road with out looking no problem there can't think of another reason to lock up the rear tire as opposed to stopping in an emergency.
Not really much of a problem to working on these brakes they will give error codes for any problem and I have the service manual which is very thorough.
How did you lay it down with abs? For a controlled laydown you ned to lock the back brake only
I've been ridding for many years it all happened so fast it was just instinct, the kid was right there, just jammed on the brakes and laided it down. These brakes are pretty sophisticated and not that complicated not like old style ABS I think mine pulse 300 times/revolution.
Image
The brakes run through diagnostic every time it's started and even if the ABS go out the brakes still function just like a bike without ABS. The brakes are combined too so just by using the rear brake lever a portion of braking is also sent to the front brake. Also the bike has an engine cut off switch if the bike is tilted past a certain point and that also came into play so if the engine was shut down there would be no ABS, which probably aided in my laying it down, but like I said it all happened very quickly.

note to davegorman- there was just a small scratches to the fairing which covers the bike like a plastic bubble as I'm a person who likes rat rods I care about the mechanics more than cosmetics. Making it pretty here just make the thieves hungry
Dunno. i get what you are saying but I have never been able to lay down an abs bike. To start the process you need to get the boike going sideways by locking the back brake. Once you are 90% to the direction of travel you just lean and down you go. So how do you get the bike to go sideways if the brakes will not lock? It can be done on the dirt, but tarmac is usually too grippy.
User avatar
Ravensnest
Expatriate
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:42 pm
Reputation: 307
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by Ravensnest »

pczz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:43 pm
beaker wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 pm
pczz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:05 pm
beaker wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:57 pm
pczz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:29 pm I have been riding bikes for over 50 years and was an instructor many moons ago. I HATE antilock brreaking, especially in conditions like here. 2 reasons
1) its a bitch to fix if it goes wrong
2) you lose the ability to lock up the back wheel and get off in an emergency.
For novice drivers its handy as it lets you break almost as quickly as a skilled driver but only when it is working properly. i am not sure on the hnda but on kawasakis you used to be able to disable it
I also have been riding for over 50 year. I had to jam on the brakes and lay this bike down when a kid walked out in the road with out looking no problem there can't think of another reason to lock up the rear tire as opposed to stopping in an emergency.
Not really much of a problem to working on these brakes they will give error codes for any problem and I have the service manual which is very thorough.
How did you lay it down with abs? For a controlled laydown you ned to lock the back brake only
I've been ridding for many years it all happened so fast it was just instinct, the kid was right there, just jammed on the brakes and laided it down. These brakes are pretty sophisticated and not that complicated not like old style ABS I think mine pulse 300 times/revolution.
Image
The brakes run through diagnostic every time it's started and even if the ABS go out the brakes still function just like a bike without ABS. The brakes are combined too so just by using the rear brake lever a portion of braking is also sent to the front brake. Also the bike has an engine cut off switch if the bike is tilted past a certain point and that also came into play so if the engine was shut down there would be no ABS, which probably aided in my laying it down, but like I said it all happened very quickly.

note to davegorman- there was just a small scratches to the fairing which covers the bike like a plastic bubble as I'm a person who likes rat rods I care about the mechanics more than cosmetics. Making it pretty here just make the thieves hungry
Dunno. i get what you are saying but I have never been able to lay down an abs bike. To start the process you need to get the boike going sideways by locking the back brake. Once you are 90% to the direction of travel you just lean and down you go. So how do you get the bike to go sideways if the brakes will not lock? It can be done on the dirt, but tarmac is usually too grippy.
He said how already. He nailed the brakes,.There is a kill switch once the bike gets to a certain lean angle. after the engine dies the abs stops functioning, hence the tire locking up and sliding out.
Still hunting for opium paraphernalia.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 796
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by pczz »

Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 pm
He said how already. He nailed the brakes,.There is a kill switch once the bike gets to a certain lean angle. after the engine dies the abs stops functioning, hence the tire locking up and sliding out.
Nope. The kill switch kill the abs after the bike reaches a certain angle. To get to that angle it would have had to be already going sideways so the skid had started. Linked brakes are even worse as they usually try to apply 75% braking to the front and 35% to the rear which is about optimum for motorcycle braking under normal conditions. To initiate a slide you usually need at least 60% back brake that the back tries to overtake the front. That is what makes the bike go sideways and lets you lay it down. On dirt its abit different. Bikes are taller, grip is less and you can initiate a slide by wacking open the throttle, which would take a lot of power on the road, sort of like doing donuts in a car. I am genuinely curious because I had a friend kille by the ABS of a honda VFR800. She was a dirt rider as well and knew exactly what she should have done, but the abs did not let her RIP
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests