S.Africa to be the next Zimbabwe

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: S.Africa to be the next Zimbabwe

Post by that genius »

PS my position in this does not mean I approve of the process, which will make SA dependent on importing food in the very near future. The country is over, sadly, mostly because ofcstae inaction and a refusal to do the land thing gradually and in s supervised way sivthe unskilled labor learn farm management and agricultural science before taking over. Scared of the electorate.

Sent from my SM-A800S using Tapatalk

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the native American Indians shouldn't have land restored,
many nations are filthy rich and furnish education and healthcare to their citizens while maintaining their own sovereign legislature, judiciary, and law enforcement.
i am surprised you are not better informed.
http://www.cherokee.org/
anyway, in this thread, let us limit ourselves to what is happening to the Boers, as i think the title implies.
english speakers are not farmers there right?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Not sure what it tsetse resistant cattle have to do with anything. AFAIK, only northern and north-eastern provinces have any tsetse problem. Even factoring that in, many locals were subsisting without resistant cattle, so it's a bit of a stretch to base a counter claim on that. The issue is that traditional lands were stolen and few deny that. The newcomers used their laws to give themselves titles...that could have probably been overlooked had they not gone down the apartheid route. Dumping this keyboard, horrible.

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

it has to do with the people's ability to migrate into tsetse zones
of course, history brooks no moral high ground, only occupation.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

@flb, agree, make the sods pay for the Trail of Tears and the massacres and land theft, how dare they be so ungrateful! Bloody darkies suggesting white men did something wrong! ;)

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yeah, the cherokee and other nations have enforced treaty for some time now. mostly since the war between the states
they <feds> can't really get out of contract law undisputed so have to contest the incursions in law
dammit- you derailed me LOL
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Uh...yeah, I get that...but tsetse affects people too, so the implication is about farming cattle, U think, not people. People have lived in tsetse areas for hundreds maybe thousands of years and farmed non resistant cattle. People can settle without resistant cattle, as they did for thousands of years.

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

so you are saying that in SA black people were run off their traditional lands by Boers?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Some of them were, yes. I made my point very clearly, maybe drop your agenda and read it. They resent apartheid (how dare they!) and they are using the genuine cases of land and stock theft as a political tool to gain land: wevalk know that. But to imply that no land or stock was stolen by Boers or their elected apartheid govt...really?

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

what we all know and any agendas are something i would submit are in your imagination.
citation is the general method of proof advanced in debate, rather than the assumption of some nebulous tacit knowledge and bombast
i was not there, so the only thing i "know" are the anecdotes recounted by others.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic