British Musician SIMON STAYS Needs $10,000 USD to Pay Overstay Fees & Leave Cambodia (GoFundMe)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Musician SIMON STAYS Needs $10,000 USD to Pay Overstay Fees & Leave Cambodia (GoFundMe)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The girlfriend of a British expat, Simon Stays (who seems to be a traveling musician), is trying to raise over $10,000 to help him pay his overstay fees, which would be almost 3 years of overstaying his visa in Cambodia, costing $10 a day for each day overstayed. He fell sick and has spent over $5,000 on medical fees, but now he just wants to pay his penalty fees and head back to the UK to get proper medical attention.

All the information is on a site called GoGetFunding, and so far they have only raised $137 of a $11,000 goal. He says his passport was stolen 3 years ago, and it looks like he didn't do anything about it at the time, and it now in a terrible situation.

From the GoFundMe page:

Help Simon to get medical treatment

My boyfriend Simon is a really good guy that shines bright and makes people around him happy. He lives a life of a traveling musician and performs live gigs everywhere he goes. Some of you may remeber him lighting up the evening with his energetic stage performances all around Thailand, Malaysia and Cambodia as well as Philipines and parts of Europe.

Stuck in Cambodia

About 3 years ago on our travels in Cambodia his passport got stolen. Since then we were trying to make enough money for him to go back to England. Unfortunately, it's not an easy thing to do when you are trapped in Cambodia.

ImageImageImage

Read the full story and donate here:

https://gogetfunding.com/help-simon-to- ... treatment/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: British Musician SIMON STAYS Needs $10,000 USD to Pay Overstay Fees & Leave Cambodia (GoFundMe)

Post by Barang chgout »

I'm crying after reading this.....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: British Musician SIMON STAYS Needs $10,000 USD to Pay Overstay Fees & Leave Cambodia (GoFundMe)

Post by Barang chgout »

Simon Stays....

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Chortle!

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Weird. While I was reading the CEONews post above, this song was playing.

"And she followed me when, finally, I sold my old guitar
And she tried to help me understand, I’d never be a star"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

<crickets chirping>

Isn't it amazing how quiet the "you law-abiders are all losers, I've overstayed for years and no-one cares" crew are?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

All they have to d is dance in a sexy way at a national monument and they get deported..much cheaper
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

that genius wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:18 pm All they have to d is dance in a sexy way at a national monument and they get deported..much cheaper
Make a few inappropriate comments on Facebook...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

More like Simon overStays

Christ, that patchy, stringy beard is eerily reminiscent of the underside of my scrotum.

GTC7
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GTC7 »

I hate to be this guy, but I have to raise some questions...and this is just like any decent charity would do in determining who gets funded. And before any of you come after me, I've done many years of volunteer charity work in a hospital before, so I know how the vetting process for charity works.

So this kid claims he's trapped in Cambodia. Unless the U.K. has some strange draconian passport laws, there is a British embassy here and passport renewal service which I can't imagine is much different than the U.S. I've done it already (lost my passport, not stolen), and it took 3 weeks and $195 because I expedited it.

And then the claim to start getting a mysterious illness that no one can somehow diagnose, can't get up now because of said illness, yet no symptoms described except being tired and can't get up, no plea for a different doctor (western docs here are very good mind you) to help diagnose him, or to help him find out what's wrong so he can get treated, just a plea for money. Sorry but not buying the story.

Unless there are some actual statements, tests, etc. from the docs he's visited (which shouldn't be hard to get), I'm going to remain skeptical on this official story and advise others to do the same unless some better info comes forth, because all it looks like is a failed musician that thought his actions had no consequences, who now wants to go home on someone else's dime.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic