Friends that come for dinner

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Friends that come for dinner

Post by AndyKK »

Duncan wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:45 am
bolueeleh wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:53 pm

tokay lizards? they make a "fuck you" sound, in singapore we called it a fuck u lizard

I'm glad you posted that. I thought I was the only one with a warped twisted mind that interpreted that as '' Fuck-you ''

I will continue my conversation with them tonight.
I too am glad you both posted that! I hear the same.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I hear Fuck off.............
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Dubbed the "Fuck You Lizard" by American troops during the Vietnam war, apparently.
https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles ... you-lizard

I think it sounds more like "BUGGER!"
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Holy moly you guys in Cambodia call it tokay too? In Thailand we call it tokae.

Its good to have tokae in your home cos you will find not mouse in your home, that is if you don't feed them human food.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:31 pm Dubbed the "Fuck You Lizard" by American troops during the Vietnam war, apparently.
https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles ... you-lizard

I think it sounds more like "BUGGER!"
Mrs Stroppy and I picked the Fk You very early on, and still giggle like school children each time we hear it. We also love explaining it to visiting friends and family, many of whom are church people - they look at us in disbelief, and then hear it for the first time, and it's all they can hear! The more religious the people are, the bigger the giggle.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ For "the more religious the people" you should tell them that it says 'thank you'. O:-)
Raider
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Raider »

I thought they sounded more like toys for dogs that squeak, but now all I hear is fuck you. So thanks for that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic