News websites blocked in Cambodia this weekend

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

News websites blocked in Cambodia this weekend

Post by Cam Nivag »

The Khmer Times has miraculously escaped this crackdown on independent media.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: News websites blocked in Cambodia this weekend

Post by epidemiks »

As I replied to her and others, all are working for me on Digi and Smart. The Cambodia Daily block has been that way since they closed.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

epidemiks wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:05 am As I replied to her and others, all are working for me on Digi and Smart.
Try Smart again. It's not working for me. Nor is MekongNet.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Works on smart with my VPN active
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:15 am
epidemiks wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:05 am As I replied to her and others, all are working for me on Digi and Smart.
Try Smart again. It's not working for me. Nor is MekongNet.
Yeah OK, Post working, but all the rest not this morning on Smart.
Gilmore
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Gilmore »

Now it makes sense. Since I woke at 6 am, I haven't been able to access the ABC news website. Hardly co-incidental, as the ABC have been heavily promoting this coming Monday's Four Corners expose of corruption and dictatorship in Cambodia, which, as usual, relies heavily on accepting verbatim the ridiculous assertions of chronic liars Sam Rainsey and Khmer-Australian state MP Hong Lim. In past ABC interviews, Lim has claimed such idiocies as 2 million people took part in Kem Ley's funeral procession and that Rainsy and Sokha were given sanctuary in the US Embassy after assassination attempts by the CPP following the 2013 election. Earlier this year, Rainsey stated on the ABC that HE had already agreed secretly to hand over power to him after the election and that arrangements were in place for him to be relocated to another country. Not surprising that authorities don't want the public to be exposed to bullshit like that prior to tomorrow's election.
TOF is also inaccessible on my ISP, PPCTV Internet, but that may be part of their ongoing "technical difficulties".
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Why haven't you all followed advice of knowledgeable tech people and installed VPNs on your phone to use?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

And Gavinmac...you just don't learn, or is it that your allegiances are being displayed? The last time you started a similar thread, you contributed to naming established organisations that were not following an order, and caused the remaining few to have to follow orders. Where's that thread?
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Strange.... I have had no problem whatsoever viewing my western media websites, newspapers, and channels. Just tried abc aus and it works fine.
Fake news?
Gilmore
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Gilmore »

Not fake news. The 2 sites I mentioned are still down, while any others I try are fine. I think it depends on the ISP and the type of service-I'm on a PC.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic