UFC star Conor McGregor pleads guilty to disorderly conduct, avoids jail time

Title says it all really...
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor today agreed to a plea deal that will keep him out of jail and allow him to resume his fighting career.

McGregor, 30, and his teammate Cian Cowley, 25, today pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in Kings County Criminal Court in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Judge Raymond Rodriguez ordered McGregor to undergo five days of community service and one to three days of anger-management classes. McGregor also was ordered to pay restitution for the bus attack that left two UFC fighters injured.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/conor-mcg ... d-jailtime

And it looks likely that the UFC will reward him with a title shot against Khabib for his return bout.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: UFC star Conor McGregor pleads guilty to disorderly conduct, avoids jail time

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

The double-champ does what the fook he wants!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: UFC star Conor McGregor pleads guilty to disorderly conduct, avoids jail time

Post by that genius »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:45 pmJudge Raymond Rodriguez ordered McGregor to undergo five days of community service and one to three days of anger-management classes.
Isn't the whole point of UFC to be angry all the time? You want a pit-bull, don't train a Labrador.
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

I’m guessing he’s always been angry. Nothing to do with UFC.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

:hattip:
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

One of the advantages of being in Asia, we can see the upcoming fight for free, if Conor fights?
Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

I'm looking forward to seeing him fight Khabib. I think McGregor gets it done against him. Khabib is a savage, but I think he'll get caught with a precise left coming in and get put down.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Gator wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing him fight Khabib. I think McGregor gets it done against him. Khabib is a savage, but I think he'll get caught with a precise left coming in and get put down.
I would think Khabib would be to wrestling savvy to be caught like that. However one of Khabibs downfalls is he hasn’t really been tested in the octagon yet as most of his fights have been him mauling his opponent. We don’t know what kind of chin he has.

If Conor has any hope of winning he needs to keep the fight on its feet otherwise he will get blasted on the ground just like he did against Diaz. Either that or a very well timed shot like he scored against Aldo.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic