Dating and Money in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dating and Money in Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Raider wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:10 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:20 pm If I invited someone for a drink, and at the end I was 5 USD short and had to ask my guest for five bucks, I would feel ashamed no matter if the person I went with was a boy or a girl.

In your situation you did not just plan badly, you also lost face in front of your your girlfriend. And worse, she lost face in front of her friend when she was probably planning to show off with you. You messed up mate.
It was not planned I think you misread what I wrote. We met up with her friend on a whim and I was not aware I was expected to pay for her friend too. I get I messed up, but I just moved here hindsight is 20/20.
You messed up by making her lose face in front of her friend, that's the main issue. Next time if a friend 'shows up' and you're short on cash watch your tab carefully. If friends constantly show up there's a problem.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cannabistourist wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:06 pm
cannabistourist wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:38 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:35 pm
cannabistourist wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:29 pm Yes you were expected to pay, but at the same time a girl who cannot understand that you fuxxin don't care her stupid Asian face thing should go to hell.
No respect for all this Asian bullshit, but if you are old and don't have a big choice (no offense), I understand that you prefer to follow the rules.
Maybe stop dating a girl if you "fuxxin don't care her stupid Asian face thing should go to hell"?

For what I use them, not only Khmer but anybody else, I do not really need to respect them...
And no, I do not do the dirties in bar, so some "normal" girls have to be victims.
In my country of birth I would not ask any girl to follow stupid rules or traditions, so anywhere else in the world I also explain them where they can put these things.
youve been carrying your negative Karma for a while CannabisTourist, start watching how you post or you will end up on Mod Preview

I was thinking that you were better here, maybe I was wrong ?
So just like all forums managed by idiots who do not like different opinions we cannot tell her what we think even when it's the truth ?
Enjoy your life but do not worry for me, no forum in the world has been able to ban me from posting what I want when I want. And I also have 500 email addresses + unlimited proxies in case it's needed <3
I do not look for problems, I just tell the truth, I do not like your message, and I also have no intention to use the same nickname my whole life as many do, and as if it was real estate...
doesnt really bother me, im not the one that gives out negative Karma,
but it obviously bothers others, this is a community not the CannabisTourist show, so just tone it down a bit
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raider
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Raider »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:16 pm
Raider wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:10 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:20 pm If I invited someone for a drink, and at the end I was 5 USD short and had to ask my guest for five bucks, I would feel ashamed no matter if the person I went with was a boy or a girl.

In your situation you did not just plan badly, you also lost face in front of your your girlfriend. And worse, she lost face in front of her friend when she was probably planning to show off with you. You messed up mate.
It was not planned I think you misread what I wrote. We met up with her friend on a whim and I was not aware I was expected to pay for her friend too. I get I messed up, but I just moved here hindsight is 20/20.
You messed up by making her lose face in front of her friend, that's the main issue. Next time if a friend 'shows up' and you're short on cash watch your tab carefully. If friends constantly show up there's a problem.
Yes I messed up I get that. I wasn't aware of the cultural implications. I appreciate the advice.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Years ago a friend (Cambodian returnee) invited me for beers. As the night went on some of his friends joined. I had perhaps 5 cans in total and they shared several pitchers among themselves. At the end of it all I was presented the bill. Now I know the local custom, but fact was that my friend was the one who invited me and all his friends, and unbeknown to me my job at the table was to pay. Paid I did, separately for my beers, then I told them I wasn't paying for the lot and walked off. It wasn't a whole lot of money but my friend already had "borrowed" a couple of $20 here and there throughout the years that he had conveniently forgot about. Like, what the hell man? I don't need friends like that.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

cannabistourist wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:29 pm Yes you were expected to pay, but at the same time a girl who cannot understand that you fuxxin don't care her stupid Asian face thing should go to hell.
No respect for all this Asian bullshit, but if you are old and don't have a big choice (no offense), I understand that you prefer to follow the rules.
Your comments have just reminded me of a relevant and important statement.

cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

"Is this normal in Cambodia (she said all Cambodian men would pay for everything) or is she playing on the fact that I am foreign and have money?"

You had a total of $20 with you Mr. Foreigner with money. And she is playing you for what? That is precious!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

cannabistourist wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:06 pm

youve been carrying your negative Karma for a while CannabisTourist, start watching how you post or you will end up on Mod Preview

I was thinking that you were better here, maybe I was wrong ?
So just like all forums managed by idiots who do not like different opinions we cannot tell her what we think even when it's the truth ?
Enjoy your life but do not worry for me, no forum in the world has been able to ban me from posting what I want when I want. And I also have 500 email addresses + unlimited proxies in case it's needed <3
I do not look for problems, I just tell the truth, I do not like your message, and I also have no intention to use the same nickname my whole life as many do, and as if it was real estate...
Ok, Mod Preview it is. You already have negative 16 karma from the community, so we've given you too much leniency as it is.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

guess his real estate review just went to shit, need to find a new apartment soon :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

[Mod edit: Drivel deleted.]
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

[Mod edit: Drivel deleted.]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic