Best Hostess Bar in Phnom Penh?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by phuketrichard »

bolueeleh wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:23 am
IraHayes wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:17 am Reminds me of a discussion a few years ago in tof. Some guy in UK was on the run for "trafficking" 2 thai hookers to the uk to work. By all accounts the girls came voluntarily and did so because their earning potential was going to be far greater in the uk.
Anyway, after a few posts calling for said perp to be hunted down someone posted about hiw hypocritical it was for the bar owners to be making these calls. Given that they were just pimps but in a different country.
bar owners dont actively encourage bargirls to go with customers, in fact if the customers stayed longer, the bar makes more, to say that they are pimps is not correct

another point by another poster, safe environment not necessarily hv to be in a physical locale, safe environment simply means back up just a phone call away
HMM depends on what you mean by "actively encourage" not positive about Camboida Now, expect for the few owners that i knew that ran bars back in 2008-2010.the girls all had to have a min "Offs" /month if they did not achieve that, their salary was cut.
This is true for many go go, beer bars in Thailand.

Used to be,( haven't bar fined a girl in ages) that end of the month many girls would go for free if the punter paid the bar fine so her salary would not be cut.
simply means back up just a phone call away
so his girls are getting slapped and hit till they cry but there not calling the bar to say so??
Yea,i know when she is getting slapped, the punter wont rally give her time to make a call but surely after she returned to the bar if i was the owner an saw the guy again, id have a few words with him, ( maybe hire a few locals to "talk" with him as well) and spread the word on the street to ban the fucker.

pimp (pĭmp)n.
One who finds customers for a prostitute; a procurer.
v. pimped, pimp·ing, pimps

BY owning a bar where the girls go isn't that the same?

Look i am not anti bar, but do think if ur a bar owner where girls are available to go with customers , you know what ur dong, no matter what words you wish to use..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

jah steu wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:30 pm
jah steu wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:06 pm All the girls on salary arrive at 6.30pm. The ladydrink girls usually arrive 7-8pm.
The top girls can make a fair amount of money. That’s $1,260 a month.
Most of the experienced girls also have at least one or two guys sending them money each month from overseas, typically $200-500 each.
A 'fair' amount is an understatement methinks..for Cambodia :hattip:
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Best Hostess Bar?

Post by jah steu »

phuketrichard wrote:
wow, i knew this as well, but it still means ur earning $$ off the backs of the girls
and please dont come back with many of the girls go with guys only to drink and or have a meal ( 20% maybe).

sounds like ur really trying to set ur self off as a nice guy,"....with a safe working environment, gives them loans, medical care, and generates customers for them"

Question;
would ur bar make $$ without the girls??
There are several old threads with posters opinions of bar owners and the ethics of hostess bars.
As I’ve said before, I ask all the girls who go out with customers if the guy was ok. Just so I know in future to protect other girls from arseholes.
Roughly 40% of girls (from my bars) who go out with customers don’t end up in a hotel with a customer. They go eating, dancing, bar crawling, whatever.
Of the other 60%, half of those don’t end up having sex. The guy is too drunk, too tired, can’t get it up, or just wants someone to hug during the night.
I’m not making these facts up. They are true for my bars. Other bars may be different. The girls have no reason to lie. They know I am asking just to look after their interests.

I don’t care if you think I’m a nice guy or not. I’m too old to care now. I was just stating facts about some of the benefits we offer staff. It is now very hard to get good experienced hostesses - competition (especially from KTVs) is fierce for them and we have to offer more.

Of course my bar wouldn’t make $$ without having attractive entertaining female staff. They are hostess bars.That’s like asking if a filling station would make money without petrol. Or a restaurant without food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by jah steu on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:43 am Posting pictures of bar girls online without their permission and asking for ratings and prices is out of order. You're on the wrong site.
But foreigners with minor misbehaviour or that some don't much like the look of are free for all. Bit of a double standard.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

As you said, you don't care, but encouraging young, 40 kg ladies to consume 10-15 alcoholic drinks night after night to make you money is OK? You say that as if that would be normal for anyone. And the longterm outcome for these ladies? I know you don't care. Pimping does not always have to involve sex.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

"Roughly 40% of girls (from my bars) who go out with customers don’t end up in a hotel with a customer. They go eating, dancing, bar crawling, whatever.
Of the other 60%, half of those don’t end up having sex. The guy is too drunk, too tired, can’t get it up, or just wants someone to hug during the night. "
and u believe them?? :please:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

phuketrichard wrote:
and u believe them?? :please:
Yes I do. Why not? I don’t care what they do or don’t do with customers. They know this. There is no reason for them to lie. Many of them are thrilled if the customer doesn’t actually sleep with them, and they are happy to tell me that. Especially if the guy still gave them $100.
Looking at your other comments above about bar owners and how they treat staff harshly in various ways, I think your experiences may now be out of date and also may apply in Thailand but not in Cambodia. Plus the job power is currently in the hands of staff rather than bar owners. Potential hostesses have many options about where they work. If an owner were to do what you describe, his staff would leave in droves.

Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
mudmax
Tourist
Belarus

Post by mudmax »

fax wrote:
jah steu wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:06 pm All the girls on salary arrive at 6.30pm. The ladydrink girls usually arrive 7-8pm.
What you have girls on salary OR ladydrink? How does that work? Just curious.
Most girls work on salary. Typically $100 a month for a newbie with no experience and no English, up to $180 for the best girls. They get bonuses for hitting ladydrink targets, eg $15 for 150 drinks a month.
Newbies get about 40-80 ladydrinks a month. Top girls get 250-320 drinks a month. Each ladydrink earns them $1.50.
Some girls don’t want to work 6pm-2am every day, they want more flexibility and the freedom to come and go as they please. They come and work at the bar but just get paid for the ladydrinks they earn, no salary. Salary girls and ladydrinks girls appear the same to customers and have to obey the same bar rules.
The top girls can make a fair amount of money. Say $180 basic salary, plus $375 for 250 ladydrinks, $25 target bonus, plus maybe $80 in customer tips, plus if they go out with customers maybe ten times a month that’s another maybe $600. That’s $1,260 a month.
Most of the experienced girls also have at least one or two guys sending them money each month from overseas, typically $200-500 each.

Sorry if this is a noob question, why do guys overseas send them money?
mudmax
Tourist
Belarus

Post by mudmax »

fax wrote:
What you have girls on salary OR ladydrink? How does that work? Just curious.
Most girls work on salary. Typically $100 a month for a newbie with no experience and no English, up to $180 for the best girls. They get bonuses for hitting ladydrink targets, eg $15 for 150 drinks a month.
Newbies get about 40-80 ladydrinks a month. Top girls get 250-320 drinks a month. Each ladydrink earns them $1.50.
Some girls don’t want to work 6pm-2am every day, they want more flexibility and the freedom to come and go as they please. They come and work at the bar but just get paid for the ladydrinks they earn, no salary. Salary girls and ladydrinks girls appear the same to customers and have to obey the same bar rules.
The top girls can make a fair amount of money. Say $180 basic salary, plus $375 for 250 ladydrinks, $25 target bonus, plus maybe $80 in customer tips, plus if they go out with customers maybe ten times a month that’s another maybe $600. That’s $1,260 a month.

sorry if this is a noob question, but why do guys send bar girls money from overseas? like to wait for them or something and not go out with customers?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:00 am
jah steu wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:38 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
that why some bargirls insist that u go to the bar to barfine them, so they can pocket the extra 10$
Nope. The bar gets the $10, not the girl.
The girls want you to come back to the bar so that they get some drinks and also because they are then helping the bar that helps them with a safe working environment, gives them loans, medical care, and generates customers for them.
It’s a mutually beneficial arrangement.

but it still means ur earning $$ off the backs of the girls

Question;
would ur bar make $$ without the girls??
And you don't think the girls aren't making $$ off the back of the bar? And if they go with customers, would you rather they plied their trade on street corners or Wat Phnom?

I see it as a chicken and egg thing. Girls get access to $$ in the bars, the customers go to bars where there are girls.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic